Author Topic: How Do I post the GENEALOGY  (Read 9227 times)

GeorgeT

How Do I post the GENEALOGY
« on: January 17, 2010, 05:12:11 PM »
It's me again.  I have a large file on my FTM Genealogy (16,825kb), and I was wondering,

How do I post it ?

Is the FTM file good enough, do I make a ged file, or do I ZIP it ?

-Steve-

Forum_mgr

• Administrator
Re: How Do I post the GENEALOGY
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 09:18:57 PM »
Hi Steve -

I'll send a message to our genealogist, Cathy, and see what she wants to do. She may just have you send it to her and she can include it in our database at Rootsweb so the rest of us can see it.  She'll get back to you soon!

F.M.

Pamela K. Thompson

• Core
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 05:15:53 PM »
Tom, I have a pretty extensive geneology on Ancestry.com. How do I get it to Cathy.?  Karma

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 08:19:37 AM »
Hi Karma -

You can send it as an FTM or GEDCOM file to Cathy through her email. The only way to do it on the board would be to cut/past your family tree as text and put it in the message area and post it. But we would still need the file sent to Cathy so she can incorporate it in our database at Rootsweb - I don't  think she wants to retype it all :)

Send it to Cathy at mctavish@zimbrick.com

GeorgeT

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 05:58:58 PM »
Cathy - I am STILL waiting for the genealogy section. I sent the GED file back in January.
I do NOT know if you received it. BUT, having seen your other posts, I tried AND FAILED to access the site address you gave.

So - what is the proper address to check out the THOM(P)SON GENEALOGY ?
(and I do mean on the internet.)

Also, have you received my file yet ? If not, please advise.

Thanks,

George Thompson
    -Steve-

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 02:31:20 PM »
Hi Steve -

Here's the address for the database we've got started - I talked to Cathy this week and she's going to get back on the genealogy once tax season is done (she is the head bean counter for a conglomeration of car dealerships)....

http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=SHOW&db=clan_thompson&recno=1086

In the meantime, why don't you send your gedcom to me and let me have a look at it? You can just send it to our email at tomaryfarm@yahoo.com

Mary

Cathy McTavish

• Core
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 09:56:52 AM »
I am ready to get back at it, so send me your gedcom's I have reminders on those of you who have sent me your information already, and I will get back at it next week.  Send me a reminder, I will find your information and get us moving again!   I am feeling better, so we will get moving!
Cathy