Author Topic: Archivist information from our FAVORITE PAIN  (Read 40172 times)

MACTAVISH

Re: Archivist information from our FAVORITE PAIN
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2008, 10:05:21 AM »
I HAVE TO SAY BARBARA; IVE NEVER HEARD OF SUDLOW- AND CANT FIND IT ON THE MAP..........ANY MORE INFO?/

MACTAVISH

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2008, 10:06:50 AM »
BOONER; THE JURY'S STILL OUT ON RELOCATING. BEAUTIFUL PLACE GREAT HOSPITAL BUT MORE RESPONSIBILITY FOR WAGE SHE GETS NOW.................

Barbara

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2008, 12:14:57 PM »
I HAVE TO SAY BARBARA; IVE NEVER HEARD OF SUDLOW- AND CANT FIND IT ON THE MAP..........ANY MORE INFO?/

Nothing other than his name, George Thomason, year of his birth-1576, and birth place, Sudlow, England.  Thanks for trying MacT, it was a long shot, that far back in time.

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Stirling Thompson

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2008, 02:35:17 PM »
Barbara,

Thanks for the kind words.
Try this link for Sudlow:
http://www.geocities.com/jthoma@sbcglobal.net/index.html

I googled Sudlow and came up with the above link with this description:
THE THOMASON FAMILY TREE
Descendants of George Thomason of Sudlow, a small hamlet in Cheshire County, England as compiled by Kenneth Thomasson and John R Thomason.

Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Barbara

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2008, 09:24:18 PM »
Thank you Stu.  I took a look at the site and it has a lot of my relatives.  I will have to email one of the Thomasons/Thomassons that own that site.  I love finding new cousins! 

I really, really want to find out where my 9th. grt. grandfather George (from Sudlow) Thomason's father was from.  I'm researching this line because of the Thomasons in the Borders area of Scotland, and hoping they originally came from there.

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

MACTAVISH

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2008, 10:08:25 AM »
WELL BARBARA, IF ITS IN CHESHIRE, ITS ABOUT 200 MILES AWAY HOPE THAT HELPS. I WOULD SUGGEST THAT YOU SEARCH FROM AN ANGLE RE THE WAR OF THE ROSES. CHESTER WERE THE SIDE OF LANCASTRIANS ......AND SO WERE THE SCOTS FROM THE BORDERS, AFTERWARDS THERE WAS AGOOD ALLIANCE BETWIXT THE 2.............STEVIE

Barbara

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2008, 12:17:07 PM »
Thanks MacT, I will.  I'm dissapointed Sudlow is so far away from the Borders, was hoping it was closer. In the past I've read a lot about the War of the Roses but over the years have forgotten a lot of it.  Will have to bone up on it.

Barbara

Paula Cash Womack

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2008, 08:50:08 PM »
Found the following on internet.  Seems a good source.

http://www.dundee.ac.uk/archives/source-history.htm

Family/Personal Papers
Our collections include material relating to notable Dundee families, including local business magnates such as the Cox and Baxter families. We also have records pertaining to a number of important individuals who had a connection with the Tayside and North Fife area. These include James Thompson, Dr. William Maxwell Jamieson, Peter Carmichael, Joseph Johnston Lee, Dr John Berry and Dr Ruth Young. Again, if you are looking for records of a specific person the SCAN website is always a good first port of call. For papers held in private archives you should consult the National Register of Archives for Scotland (NRAS) and the NRA.

Maybe this can help some.

Paula