Author Topic: Grandfather Mountain Games Linville NC July 8 thru 11  (Read 19391 times)

Sis Thompson's oldest

• Sis Thompson at 16...
Re: Grandfather Mountain Games Linville NC July 8 thru 11
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2010, 07:33:04 AM »
Mary & Tom!

Good to know we'll have a space at the Hendersonville games. I'll be sure to show up and do tent time! It will be good to see you all again, I hope you can make it.

Belle Cher is this weekend in Asheville. BIG street party. AND there will be men in kilts! Along with  all manner of other costumes. Both Robert and I are making a foray through the streets tomorrow while it's still rather quiet. Don't know how long I'll last ('sposed to be STINKIN" HOT) but we'll have lawn chairs and an abundance of water. Pictures will be forth coming.

Waterboarding................HA!  ;D

More later,
Sherry

The bad news? There is no key to the universe. The good news? It was never locked.

Sis Thompson's oldest

• Sis Thompson at 16...
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2010, 08:30:03 AM »
Hullo All,

It is still freakin' HOT here. I almost slept in the car last night. No A/C in the house.

Belle Chere was crowded and busy and ....................of course, hot.  Robert and I got downtown around 3:00pm and I lasted til 5:00 then made him take me home. I did get a few pictures though. And IF I did things correctly you should be lookin' at 'em now.

Cheers,
Sherry

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 08:31:40 AM by Sis Thompson's oldest »
The bad news? There is no key to the universe. The good news? It was never locked.

Sis Thompson's oldest

• Sis Thompson at 16...
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2010, 08:33:33 AM »
..................and the rest of them.

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2010, 06:59:47 AM »
Hi Sherry!

Great pics!  Looks like it would have been a fun time wandering around if it weren't so hot. I imagine the heat pretty well crashed their crowd .... period. It's a shame, but outdoor events are really suffering from attendance this year - just when we all need something fun to distract us from our other problems  :(

We're looking for a motel close enough to the Foothills games that will take the dogs. That is the determining factor at the moment.....we'll keep you posted.

NO AIR CONDITIONING????  You mean NO A/C in your house???  Broken or non-existent?  I would pay ANTHING to have it installed/fixed this summer :o
Ice in the bathtub????    ;D

Hopefully see you at Foothills!

Mary

Sis Thompson's oldest

• Sis Thompson at 16...
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2010, 06:40:30 AM »
Mary,
Try Barkwells, they are pet friendly. Cabins with dog door and gated porch, fenced yard, dog beds and bowls.
290 Lance Road
Mills River, NC 28759
828-891-8288
stay@barkwells.com
www.barkwells.com
Five minutes from I-26, Exit 40 (Airport exit) nine miles from Hendersonville.

I'll attach a list of Hotels that offer our Coldwell Banker Clients a discount as well(you'll have to ask about the pets though). You can say you're a Client of mine! Even if you stay in Asheville, Hendersonville is only 17 miles away.

ACK! No A/C at all. Normally we only get a few days or a week of really unbearable hot weather. This year has been an exception. I really don't care for A/C myself, I'm always opening the windows. So I guess I'll have to stop whinning and just suck it up for now. I'll keep in mind that Fall is just around the corner! Nudge, nudge, wink, wink!

Cheers!
Sherry

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2010, 04:24:56 PM »
Thanks Sherry!

We'll take a look and see what we can find. Push come to shove....one of us will come and the other will stay home and take care of the critters :(

That would be better than nothing...if not much!