Author Topic: I Wish  (Read 7426 times)

Dusevoir

• Core
  • Me
I Wish
« on: August 16, 2010, 08:20:36 AM »
I wish everyone wore sticky-notes with their surnames on them.   :D
Old Genealogists never die - they just lose their census.

Barbara

Re: I Wish
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 09:40:35 PM »
Where would you like them displayed?  I think the forehead would be fun.   ;D

Barbara  ;D
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Dusevoir

• Core
  • Me
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 07:39:26 PM »
The forehead would be fun.  I suppose as long as we can see it.  ;D 

Just last week, I was at the doctors and a medical technician had an English accent.  I asked where she was from.  She said "Wales".  Her father is Scottish and her mother is Irish.  It turned out she is a Scottish Thompson just like me!  She asked me if our tartan was the lovely blue color.  I said "yes"!

That made my day!

Barb   :D

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
    • Thompson Family Web Site
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 09:46:03 PM »
Just last week, I was at the doctors and a medical technician had an English accent.  I asked where she was from.  She said "Wales".  Her father is Scottish and her mother is Irish.  It turned out she is a Scottish Thompson just like me!  She asked me if our tartan was the lovely blue color.  I said "yes"!

Sounds like fun. My ancestors are from Wales and Scotland as well as Ireland. Don't tell any of those people they have an "English" accent. Most Americans can't tell the difference between English, Irish, Welsh, or even Australian or New Zealand.

If she's a Thompson, be sure to send her over to the Forum to join the clan!
The Reivers Ride Again!

Dusevoir

• Core
  • Me
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 06:35:38 AM »
Thanks Michael.  I should of known better.  No worries, I just asked her where she was from.  I backed packed through out Europe for 4 months, when I was 20.  After a while I learned how to tell where people were from.  I guess I'm a little rusty......34 years later.   :)