Author Topic: New Members of Clan Thompson Society  (Read 59634 times)

Thomas Thompson

• Deny Us Not!
Re: New Members of Clan Thompson Society
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2010, 06:53:34 PM »
Hello Cousins

It is truly going to be a good Christmas. I should be looking forward to lumps of coal and twigs, but instead, today  I had the privilege of
mailing out new member packages.
  Please give your warmest welcome to the following new members and upgrades:
     Susan Tasso
     Joseph F. burns
     Jonathan Crowder
     Timothy Thompson, LIFE
     James 'Duke' Thompson, upgraded to LIFE
     Michael P. Thompson, upgraded to LIFE
     Daniel 'Booner' Thompson, upgraded to LIFE
Tom

Donna

« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2010, 07:47:57 PM »
I wish my walker hasn't so heavy, cuz I'd sure like to do my happy dance  :D

Welcome to all the new members and Good on Ya to all those who went for
the upgrade! 

Donna
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2010, 12:04:31 PM »
Hello Donna!

Good to see you online again ! I realize California seems to be headed off the cliff but I thought you might have already gone .  ;D

We may grow slowly, but at least we are still growing. And our members are staying with us and upgrading to life memberships as they can. This is a good thing!

Now that you've found the forum again I expect  see you hear more often ;)

Mary 

Sis Thompson's oldest

• Sis Thompson at 16...
« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2010, 12:06:39 PM »
Greetings to all the new Clan members! We're glad to have you! ;D

I've been reading the newest posts trying to catch up. WOW the DNA topic is on fire. I'm giving serious thought to going back up to Lynn Indiana and wrestling my cousin to the ground and taking a swab for the test. He is the son of a son, of a son of a son, of a son of my brick wall R.W. Thompson. Couldn't get any more direct than that eh?

Sister Sue is ready to go to the AZ Games in the spring. I can't wait to hear about it. She keeps muttering about men.....kilts.......bagpipes........kilts......... Next thing you know she'll be reiving greater Pheonix. Hmmmm might be fun at that.............. ;)

My Gaelic lessons are coming right along. Among the many phrases learned,  I can order drinks in a Pub (important skill), food in a restaurant(to offset the drinks), ask about family(which I hear is the national pastime in Scotland) and make plane reservations (handy for those times when a fast get away is needed, sans cattle).

My next step is to visit the local Gaelic group that meets once a month in downtown Asheville. That will be the test of my skills for sure. It's one thing to listen and speak in the privacy of your car during the morning commute another thing entirely to make yourself understood by others. I will say though there have been mornings when I've woke thinking in Gaelic, just a sentence or two but there none the less.
Now to start saving my pennies for the trip to the mother land!

Hope everyone's Holidays are Grrrrand and I'll drink a toast to Clan Thom(p)son on New Years Eve!
Slainte!
Your coz,
Sherry

The bad news? There is no key to the universe. The good news? It was never locked.

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2010, 10:19:32 PM »
Do you mean Hogmanay? Cough,cough

Dusevoir

• Core
  • Me
« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2011, 07:50:07 AM »
Someone forgot about me. 

I joined the Clan Thompson Society last summer.  My name is Barb Dusevoir and I live in Tigard, Oregon.  I didn't know I was a Thompson until I was 37.  My mother said her father deserted the Navy and changed his name to Richard Hill from Maurice L. Thompson.  Ever since then, I've been searching for my Thompson family.  It took 11 years to find them.  Right before I joined the Clan, Cathy McTavish contacted me about a newly found cousin, John Thompson.  His grandfather is my great grandfather.  He was contacted by Linwood Charles Thompson because they share the same DNA. 

Thanks to Cathy, I am a member today! :)

Barb Dusevoir
Old Genealogists never die - they just lose their census.