Author Topic: 2011 AGM in Estes Park Colorado  (Read 43250 times)

Mary

• Administrator
Re: 2011 AGM in Estes Park Colorado
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 04:02:36 PM »
well, I'm not sure whether catfish is a big seller in Colorado..........but it sure as heck is in Tennessee!  You can find all the catfish you could possibly want when you come and visit here! (And THAT will be a meal we eat out - I don't cook fish in the house!)

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
    • Thompson Family Web Site
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2011, 10:44:06 PM »
We've GOT catfish in Colorado, but I think it's flown in from somewhere else. Our rainbow trout are more of the local specialty. However, there's a barbecue restaurant in Estes Park called Smokin' Dave's that has some really nice catfish, among other mouth-watering temptations. Their chicken and pork barbecue specialties are amazing, and they have some really nice beer selections, for those of us who appreciate such amenities.
The Reivers Ride Again!

Parker Thomson

• Denego Nos Non!
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 09:37:48 AM »
Michael,
Have you tried the Tilted Kilt in Denver, yet?  Not that anyone would travel all the way from Estes to try it out, but just asking.

Thanks
Parker
 ))
((
DENY US NOT

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2011, 09:14:35 PM »
They were handing out coupons at the St. Patrick's Day Parade, but I haven't actually been in there. The guys in our band were really drooling over those little plaid skirts though.
The Reivers Ride Again!

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2011, 07:28:58 PM »
For any of you planning to attend, here is some more information about the festival and games in Estes Park. Full details at http://www.scotfest.org

The Reivers Ride Again!

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2011, 05:44:49 AM »
Here's the updated ad for the games:

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2011, 07:31:09 PM »
Well, I've received our official registration today for Estes Park. As an honored clan, we have one of the large tents out in front of the Clan area, so we'll be highly visible for all to see. And we're now listed as one of the AGM Clans on the web site.

A number of people are planning to attend the Tattoo on Friday evening. I understand Tom and Mary will ride in a carriage, because we are one of the honored clans, and there will be a space set aside for Thompsons in the seating area of the arena. Tickets are on your own, so make sure to reserve yours if you're planning to attend. We will all need admission tickets as well, and they're cheaper if you buy them online ahead of time, rather than at the gate.

If you're planning to attend the Tattoo or the AGM, it would be helpful if you'd let Mary know, as she's assembling a count. We're working on having food brought in, rather than the usual potluck, since we've got so many people from out of town.

Are we getting more and more excited? We look forward to seeing everyone in the highlands of Colorado in September. It's a beautiful time of year for us, with the Aspen turning and the elk beginning to bugle. The timing of both of these is dependent on weather, but we're hoping for our usual spectacular time in the Rockies.
The Reivers Ride Again!

Parker Thomson

• Denego Nos Non!
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2011, 09:20:33 PM »
Michael, that's SO cool.  Thanks.  I wish Parks and Libby could be there, but they will be in Australia as Parks's job coaching at mt. Bueller was extended after last years success.   Anyway, we should have Janna and Cody back and if things go well, I'll be a Thomson Grandad (Senair? Grandach?- what is that in Gaelic?)  Are you going to the Highlands Ranch games this year?
DENY US NOT

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2011, 06:46:50 PM »
Congratulations grandpa. And yes, I'm planning to be at Highlands Ranch.
The Reivers Ride Again!

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2011, 01:11:37 PM »
Can I have time away from the tent to watch the jousting ?????  I'm putting my bid in!  I've never seen jousting!

Sis Thompson's oldest

• Sis Thompson at 16...
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2011, 04:21:28 PM »
Senair it is Parker.
And Seanair would be married (one would hope) to Seanmhair with all the little Oghain (not sure thats the plural, but its close :-\) gathered 'round.

Ah, my Queendom to be able to attend these games! Alas not to be. :'(

Tom & Mary, I think I just might have Robert ground down and ready to give the go ahead on being Commissioner. If you'll still have me!

Have big fun all you Thom(p)son Cousins! Take lots of pictures.
I'll wait here. ;D
Yer coz,
Sherry
The bad news? There is no key to the universe. The good news? It was never locked.

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2011, 07:05:08 PM »
Hope all of you have seen the latest newsletter. The AGM will be held Thursday, September 8, 2011 at 5 pm in the clan tent at the Fairgrounds in Estes Park Colorado. Many people wanted to attend other evening events during this festival, so at Mary's suggestion, we changed it from the usual Saturday evening gathering.

The Clan will also gather for dinner together at 5:30 on Saturday evening, early enough for those who want to get back for those evening events, but late enough for those at the tent to be able to close things down at the festival and get over there. It's at my brother's house in Estes Park. We're featuring some of the finest Rocky Mountain barbecue you've ever experienced. You will want to be there.

We also encourage any Thom(p)sons in the area to march with us in the parade down the main street of Estes Park on Saturday morning. We assemble about 8:00 am at the west end of town, and I think it steps off about 9:30. As an honored clan, we're toward the front of the parade this year, rather than at the back between the Stewarts and Wallaces as we usually are. BTW, here's a photo from the 2011 program, giving highlights of last year's festival. We are pictured marching in the parade of tartans at the field with our fellow clansmen and tartan bearers. That's Booner up front:

Looking forward to a great gathering in Estes Park!
The Reivers Ride Again!

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2011, 08:12:31 PM »
We'll be there 'with bells on.'

Thanks to you guys for all your hard work to make this a great AGM and games. I know we are going to have a great time - how could we not?

Now.......do I bring summer or winter clothes?  :-\   

Parker Thomson

• Denego Nos Non!
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2011, 08:10:20 PM »
[url]/url] Janna (Thomson) Harter with husband Cody and Teagan. We are planning on bringing the newest addition to the Thomsons! I am now called "Grandach"
DENY US NOT

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2011, 07:12:27 AM »
Well, things are underway in Estes Park. Those of you who follow Clan Thom(p)son on Facebook (hint, hint) already know about this, but thirteen lucky clan members attended the Annual General Meeting last night in our (honored) clan tent at the fairgrounds. Tom Thompson chaired, Mary took the notes:

Because of the layout, I wasn't able to fit everyone into the photo, so those who were there should check in an say hello.

The main business of the meeting was to count the official votes returning our incumbent directors to office and approving two ballot measures, one encouraging all clan members to have their DNA done, and one allowing online sales by clan members on the web site. Kansas City was suggested for the 2012 AGM. This will be put to a vote of the members.

After the official meeting was adjourned, and amidst lots of camaraderie, Dan "Booner" Thompson of Colorado was then installed as the newest Grand Poobah. He must wear his official hat at all clan functions and return the mandatory salute from any members he meets. I did not get a photo of Booner in his regalia, so perhaps Mary or somebody can fill in the details.

The festival officially kicked off on Thursday, but most of the events start today through Sunday, so I'll try to keep you posted.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 05:37:41 PM by Michael Thompson »
The Reivers Ride Again!