Author Topic: Added attraction for AGM at Estes Park!  (Read 8836 times)

Mary

• Administrator
Added attraction for AGM at Estes Park!
« on: March 29, 2011, 07:41:40 PM »
Dan "Booner" Thompson sent this in ---

He said most of it was filmed just outside of where the games are held.......SO GET READY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=794wEIbHlDc

I'll try to embed the video in the main site in the next few days-- I'm up to my eyeballs at the moment...........

Barbara

Re: Added attraction for AGM at Estes Park!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 12:19:08 AM »
Thanks Booner!  I miss the elk.  We had a herd of over 250 that wintered across the highway from our house in Colorado.  I loved going high up the mountains and listening to the elks bugling during mating season in the Fall and listening to the antlers clacking. 

Cousin Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Donna

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 09:59:05 PM »
and I thought it was so exciting that we had a baby skunk in my neighborhood  ::)

Thanks for posting the Elks, Booner!

Donna
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 06:22:52 AM »
Well, Donna..........there are neighborhoods and then there are NEIGHBORHOODS! In CA, a baby skunk is probably "Wild America!"  When Tom went to the games in Estes Park a couple of years ago, he stayed in a motel right downtown and they had elk roaming all around the back of the motel and one kept following Booner when they'd leave their rooms.

My neighborhood is somewhere in between yours and Booners! Deer, squirrels,coyotes, occasional boar, turkeys AND skunks  :) Guess we're "moderately wild America with a twist of civilization?" 

Sure wish you and your sister could come and join us in Estes, Donna! It should be a grand time!

Donna

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 11:22:08 PM »
Hey Mary,
My heart will be with y'all in Estes Park and had I been there, at the time, I would
have been following Booner around too.   ;)

Happy Tartan Day!
Donna
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

Parker Thomson

• Denego Nos Non!
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 05:22:32 PM »
Those cool close-up photos you see in Nat Geo- they were shot with expensive telephoto lens cameras for a reason.  Human Safety.  Really, you will just forget about that stupid cell phone pic in a month anyway.  :o
DENY US NOT