Author Topic: Greetings from Chicagoland  (Read 7076 times)

dsdrane

• DraneSpout
Greetings from Chicagoland
« on: May 19, 2011, 07:18:32 AM »
My name is David Drane and I live in Evanston, Illinois, just north of Chicago.  At age 44, I've been fascinated by and actively involved in genealogy since I was a teenager.

Like many Americans, I'm a mutt -- partially Swedish, Irish and German, on my father's side, and English, Scottish and possibly Welsh, on my mother's side.  My mother's ancestors are largely Mayflower-era, whereas my father's side is decidedly Ellis Island-era.

One exception to this -- and the reason I am here -- is a recently-confirmed Thomson connection, which I'll elaborate upon in the genealogical forum.

Best regards to all,

David

uneven

• where you're from depends on when you stop looking
    • Thompson Hunt
Re: Greetings from Chicagoland
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 08:21:12 PM »
Welcome David!
Mike Thompson from Michigan..then Indiana..then Pennsylvania and further...probably somewhere there are sheep. Call me Legion for I am many.

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 05:25:10 PM »
Welcome!  Absolutely, post your info and let all of us have a look ......we LOVE to find relatives!

Enjoy the forum - there's all kinds of good info here  :)

Sis Thompson's oldest

• Sis Thompson at 16...
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 01:26:44 PM »
Greetings David,
I lived in Winnetka IL for a short stint as Nanny (note to all 'am not Mary Poppins, never will be) a looooooong time ago. Lovely area!
Welcome to the forum!
Sherry
The bad news? There is no key to the universe. The good news? It was never locked.