Author Topic: I'm tired of winter already!  (Read 11551 times)

Booner

I'm tired of winter already!
« on: December 05, 2011, 04:37:33 PM »
Last Wednesday it was 50 degrees.  Today, it's in the teens and about 8" of snow on the ground.  The only person I can think of who would be happy with this is Parker, as he's a ski instructor and therefor required to love the white stuff.  I realize that I live in Colorado, and as such, can expect the occasional flurry, even here in Denver.  But 8" this early in December! If it doesn't warm up soon, and the outlook is for "unseasonable cold temperatures for the rest of the week", this crap could stay around until March! The mountains are where this white crap should be!  How about a little global warming?  March is when we're supposed to get this stuff, not early December.  In March we get dumped on, and I can handle that. 3 feet of snow in a SPRING blizzard is exciting. Denver gets mentioned on The Weather Channel.  You got to have a 4-wheel drive to get around. Just getting to work is an adventure. 

But 8" in EARLY December? It's just a pain the rear end.

I'm into the second week of my two weeks off. I'm bored.

I think I may go into work tomorrow and see if there's anything I can do.

Booner

Parker Thomson

• Denego Nos Non!
Re: I'm tired of winter already!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 06:45:41 PM »

Not too cold for the trousers yet!
DENY US NOT

Thomas B. Thompson

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 08:14:22 PM »
Hey Booner,
Are you native to Colorado or a transplant?
I lived in colorado for 30 years just outside the " The Republic of Boulder " and never once
had to use 4 wheek drive in any snow storm. I think all those transplants from California and
Texas are sapping the character of true native and semi native ( ME ) COLORADANS. Ha Ha
Hope you stay warm. Stay away from the yellow snow.

Tom (Indiana)

Donna

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 01:35:41 AM »
Well, no that you've mentioned California, I'll be putting my 2cents in!
It been in the mid sixties here and I was wishing for something that felt
a bit more like Christmas!    Please send some of that white stuff this way!

I'm off to make some Egg Nog but I can't go without wishing y'all a
Wonderful, Blessed, Christmas and a Happy, Healthy, New Year!!!   :-*

Donna
(from Sunny California)
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

Booner

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 12:37:28 AM »
Indiana Tom,
I'll be starting on my 12th year in "Colorful Colorado" and there have been two time I've had to have a 4 wheel drive to get to work. In '04 ( I think), we had 3 feet of snow over two days and in '08 we had 2 feet.  I was able to make it to work both times and used my truck to shuttle others to and from work.(Those that the company didn't put up in hotels downtown).  I really like it when it snows like that, I'm one of the first ones out and I love "owning" I-25.

Donna,  I'd love to send you what we have right now.  I heard on the news last night that we have more snow earlier in the year that in the last several years.  The temps are supposed to get up into the 50's by next week, but I'll be back to work by then.

And Parker--- I know you have a hand warmer in that Sporran!!!!

Regards to all,
Booner

Sis Thompson's oldest

• Sis Thompson at 16...
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 11:28:57 AM »
At the risk of getting boo'ed off the stage.............it's sixty and sunny here and likely to stay that way for the weekend.

Ah winter in the south east.................. ::)
The bad news? There is no key to the universe. The good news? It was never locked.

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 10:24:45 PM »
I want a white Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D  Send all to snow to Central Tennessee!

Stirling Thompson

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 11:07:21 AM »
Hey! What are complaining about 8" in early December... We had that back in October here in New England! But I will definitely go along with Mary and happily send all the snow this year to central Tennessee!
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Booner

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 03:48:46 PM »
Things may be looking up. It's upposed to be in the 50"s this weekend so maybe we'll get rid of this stuff.  I'm working nights this week so it doesn't bother me so much. But I have the weekend off so maybe i'll be able to get outside and do something without body parts freezing!

Regards,
Booner

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 07:30:41 PM »
Well...........all I can say is "nary a flake has landed in Middle Tennessee" in spite of threats and promises of sending it here  ;)

Hurry up guys......I don't want a "dusting" for Christmas, I want inches and inches! You need to get in gear and start sending!