Author Topic: Jan 14-15 the 2012 Central Florida Highland Games  (Read 9512 times)

Duke Thompson

• Core
Jan 14-15 the 2012 Central Florida Highland Games
« on: December 11, 2011, 04:59:49 PM »
Hello Cousins!  The Central Florida Highland Games are January 14th-15th in Winter Spings, FL just Northeast of Orlando.  Complete event information available at http://www.flascot.com/2012_games/index.htm

This will be the 4th year that the Clan Thompson Society will have a clan tent at the games.  Taylor and I will be hosting and were happy to hear from Barb and Fred that they are planning to attend again as well.  Their tremendous help with the event is appreciated every year (and they are a heck of a lot of fun!).

Aside from the games and clan tents, the Central Florida games has a large assortment of vendors, piping competition, dance competition, shortbread competition, archery, tomahawk throwing, mini-events for the kids, herding, and the best continuous live music by top artists that I have seen.  Plan to come for both days!

Clan Thompson will participate in all parades and ceremonies.  Come march with your clan!

Hope to see you there!

Duke Thompson
Florida Commissioner
Clan Thompson Society

« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 05:02:15 PM by Duke Thompson »
James Edward Thompson, Jr. aka Duke
Sip your beer and chew your scotch!

Mary

• Administrator
Re: Jan 14-15 the 2012 Central Florida Highland Games
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 10:29:24 PM »
Sounds great, Duke!  You and the Cash's always do us proud at the games.

Wish we could make it, but until you figure out a way to move Florida MUCH closer to Tennessee, it ain't gonna happen  :'(

Don't forget the pics for the webpage - we'll be with you in spirit!

Mary

John ThomsonHollingsworth

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 12:47:47 PM »
As much as Mary and planned ahead, even ordered tickets, we were not able to get to Games today.
Mary's long time friend Karen went back to the hospital she lives near games and we planned to visit with her and Richard.
But she is not up to visits.
Then we had difficulty finding a dog sitter for Sophie.
Also scheduling time off from work for Mary
Ended up deciding late Friday night not to drive to Winter Springs and back on Saturday (3.5 hours each way)
I hope everything went well, the temperature was a little cool for Florida but would have made watching events more comfortable.

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 09:52:33 PM »
Hey Duke!

Where are the pictures and write-up I was promised?  Still holding the newsletter for your input but can't wait much longer....... :-\

John - I hope things are better with Mary and her friend Karen..........maybe you guys could come up for the AGM at Glasgow, KY since you couldn't make
it to the FL games  ???