Author Topic: AGM 2012 - Glasgow, KY  (Read 8283 times)

Mary

• Administrator
AGM 2012 - Glasgow, KY
« on: February 03, 2012, 10:01:14 PM »
Well, all......I know we had discussed at the 2011 AGM the possibility of having the 2012 AGM at the Kansas City games, but...... I wrote and didn't hear anything back about whether we would be allowed to attend (this has been a problem at some games and I didn't want us to pay and get there and THEN get tossed!). I talked to the directors about what games we were planning on attending this year and about Kansas City and discovered that we wouldn't have enough directors at any games for 2012 EXCEPT Glasgow, KY to have a quorum :(--- so it's going to have to be Glasgow. Hopefully, we can add some new games next year and hold it one of them. So many games have been cancelled over the past 2 years, the pickings are getting much slimmer - at least in the S/E region. The Kansas City games are the weekend after Glasgow and that was another problem for those of us already scheduled for Glasgow. Also, the fact that I broke my leg in several places the end of December and won't be walking until May/June, it limited us for any really early games (sorry)  :(

If we had more commissioners in more locations to organize an AGM (like Michael, Booner, Parker, Scott, etc. did in Estes Park last year) it makes it much easier to attend. Hopefully, we can move it somewhere new again in 2013. Everyone who went to Estes had a ball, but it's soooooooo far away we can't do it every year!

The Glasgow Highland Games will be held Friday, June 1st through Sunday, June 3rd at the Barren River Lake State Resort Park. Camping is available right across from the games and it's usually Kentucky's free fishing weekend and the lake borders the campground and the lodge! The meeting will be on Saturday evening before the evening musical entertainments begin.

Hope to see more of you there this year!

Start sending in items you wish on the agenda! Send in ideas for an AGM location for next year too! If you've attended a really good games, let us know! ;D

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
    • Thompson Family Web Site
Re: AGM 2012 - Glasgow, KY
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 10:03:13 PM »
Sorry to hear about your leg Mary, that really does put a damper on things, doesn't it? Also too bad about Kansas City, though some of us were thinking Las Vegas was a better option than KC anyway. Don't know if we'll be able to make it as far as Kentucky, especially that early in the summer, but we'll see. We're still hoping to have some sort of big gathering here in Colorado anyway. Up with Clan Thompson!
The Reivers Ride Again!