Author Topic: It's Been a LONG Time  (Read 7849 times)

thordog42

It's Been a LONG Time
« on: July 22, 2012, 02:56:00 PM »
Hi gang.  Tom and Mary seem to remember me from 2007.  I posted for awhile on the old forum, back about the time that you were starting the attempt to revive the Clan Thomson and get some official recognition as a society.  Due to family issues, I had to curtail a lot of things several years back, internet forums being one of them.  That's over and done with, so I joined your forum again.

It's good to see that Lyon finally gave you the recognition you should've had all along.  The arms are cool. I like the motto and the crest, too.

All of us descendants of the border reivers need to stick together.

Later,
Thordog
Descended from riding clans Johnstone, Scott, Henderson

Mary

• Administrator
Re: It's Been a LONG Time
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 05:11:28 PM »
Hi Thordog -

Ya never forget an old "dog" ya know!  :o  It's good to see you back and we'll be looking forward to some good posts!

Our crests are getting poured this week so we should be receiving them soon - I am so anxious to see them after all the time spent designing, trying to FIND someone who would even try to do the crest, collaborating with the pewterer, etc., etc., ---- not to mention stressing over costs and prices. These are going to be expensive because there is more expense in making them because of so much hand work on each piece to really 'finish' it. We even had to buy bigger boxes so we could get the flippin' lance in it! We thought about cutting a hole in one end of the box and shoving it into a padded bag and hoping for the best.........NO, NOT REALLY!  Anyway, little things add up - not to mention the US Postal Service.

Anyway, welcome back! Can't believe it was 2007!!!

Barbara

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 06:44:11 PM »
Hi Thordog!  So good to have you back!   :D  Hope all is well with you.

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

thordog42

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 04:15:55 PM »
Hi Barbara,
It's good to be back. Life is good and things have finally calmed down so I actually have time to visit with old friends.