Author Topic: Colorado Tartan Day April 6, 2013  (Read 11078 times)

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
    • Thompson Family Web Site
Colorado Tartan Day April 6, 2013
« on: February 06, 2013, 02:47:38 PM »
This will be Clan Thompson Colorado's third year of participating in the Colorado Tartan Day Festival. For the past few years, this festival has been held in a park in Arvada Colorado. We are one of the sponsoring clans. They don't have games at this festival, but there are clans, music, Renaissance Scots, vendors and lots more. It's a great way to kick off our festival season in Colorado. Hopefully we won't get the two feet of snow that almost killed the festival a few years ago.

By the way, our own Mulligan Stew will be one of the featured bands. Hope to see lots of Colorado Thompsons at Colorado Tartan Day.
The Reivers Ride Again!

Barbara

Re: Colorado Tartan Day April 6, 2013
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 10:26:25 PM »
That sounds like fun Michael!   :D

Barb
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

cheryllwith2ls

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 05:21:08 PM »
Sure wish we could go!!
Sounds fun!

Paul & Cheryll
The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or even heard. They must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
    • Thompson Family Web Site
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 09:21:16 AM »
Well, Thompsons were out in force and had a great time at Colorado Tartan Day April 6. I tried out my first attempt at lowland garb at the festival, though I did wear the Thompson kilt to the whisky tasting the night before. Parker brought a basket-hilt claymore he's working up as part of the Reiver theme.

Some viewers thought this photo was more "full frontal" than necessary.

From left, Jamey White of Clan Mackay, Monty Waggoner of Clan Campbell, me, and Robert Sickler, our host and tutor in the joys of single malt.

We marched in the parade of clans with pride in our heritage.

Parker was showing off his new Clan Thompson Reiver tee-shirt at the clan tent. Timothy Thompson and Lyndell Thompson were admiring his style.

Sean Thompson, who has piped for us at many clan gatherings, took first place in the "Kitchen Piping" contest. Part of the fun was when he and another piper were challenged to play a tune together.

A great time with great folks, and we got at least one new member out of the deal. Tartan Day is a great way to start the festival season.
The Reivers Ride Again!

Parker Thomson

• Denego Nos Non!
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 12:41:31 PM »
Thanks to Michael for putting together Tartan Day for Clan Thompson.  Awesome job!  ;D
DENY US NOT

Ernestt481

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 03:36:07 PM »
Job well done Michael. Maybe you can give me some hints that will help with the gathering, "SCOTLAND IN THE PARK", that I'm organizing here in Oz.
Regards
Ern