Author Topic: Is everyone still alive  (Read 13081 times)

Thomas B. Thompson

Is everyone still alive
« on: November 13, 2013, 07:02:11 PM »
Just wanted to say happy belated Marine Corps birthday to any and all Marine brothers out there.
Also, a special thanks to ALL VETERANS

Plus. an early Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Barbara is retiring at the end of December. We just brought a dingky travel trailer that we
are going to renovate this winter and hope to do some traveling this coming summer and fall.

Best wishes

Tom and Barbara ( Indiana )

cheryllwith2ls

• Administrator
Re: Is everyone still alive
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 08:16:12 PM »
I second that! Happy Veterans Day, Happy Marine Corps birthday and Happy Thanksgiving!!  :)

Sounds like you will have a busy winter but well worth it when you get to travel about. Paul & I have still been looking for land in East Texas. We will be driving to San Antonio to have Thanksgiving with my kids and grandkids. We have a few prospects with a realtor to go look at afterwards. Lots of traveling..... lots of BORING traveling on the way back to Calif.  One exception...we're going to go mountain biking up in the Sedona area on the way back. CANT WAIT!!

Anyway...I was just about to post something along the lines of your subject line earlier today. It's been kinda quiet in here! I guess that's what happens in the transition from lots of games to no games in the winter. I miss it!!

I know we have had some posts on the Facebook page. Parker Thompson posted a really cool picture of some dishware his sister in law made with Clan Thompson on it. Very beautifully done. Maybe you could check it out :)

Hugs to everyone! Miss talking to everybody! Hope everyone is doing good :)

- Cheryll Thompson
The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or even heard. They must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller

Stirling Thompson

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 06:58:13 AM »
Thanks for the well wishes Tom, Semper Fi!
New England is nice in the summer and fall stop by one of our highland games and say hello!

Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Thomas B. Thompson

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 07:49:38 PM »
Will do!
We are going to be traveling come Spring, Summer and Fall.
Maybe if timing is right, we could make a game up there. Sounds great.

Best wishes

Tom and Barbara

Barbara

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 07:11:54 PM »
Tom that sounds great!  You and Barbara will have a good time renovating and decorating your new RV.  We sold our motor home and we both miss it!   :(  Hope you get to travel a lot and if you come through West TN stop by, we have water and electric hook ups and a place to dump.   :)

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Barbara

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 07:18:12 PM »
Hi Cheryll!  I hope you and Paul find what you're looking for in East Texas and have a great Thanksgiving!
You'll be closer to us.....East Texas and West TN aren't that far apart.  :D  Have fun in Sedona, I've always wanted to go there and experience the ambiance. 

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Thomas Thompson

• Deny Us Not!
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 02:05:20 PM »
Tom

If possible why don't you plan on stopping over in Tn. We have a spare room and Thompson's are always welcome.
Tom

Stirling Thompson

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 02:37:10 PM »
I'm beginning to wonder again if anyone is alive out there! Its been five days now and only a single response to my last four posts. Its very discouraging, I understand its the holiday season and everyone is busy with other things and that's true for me as well but I still find time to post something to keep this board alive.
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Thomas B. Thompson

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 11:33:45 PM »
I had an idea for my travels this summer.
I'm planning on visiting all the places my forefathers lived
as they migrated from Maryland to North Carolina to Tenn to
Kentucky. They were probaly running from the law.
So I thought of a way to meet other members of the clan
who don't get the AGM. If they live near the towns or cities
as I visit I could make plans to meet them if they want to.
Just one of my crazy ideas.

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
    • Thompson Family Web Site
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2013, 02:14:56 PM »
I'm beginning to wonder again if anyone is alive out there! Its been five days now and only a single response to my last four posts. Its very discouraging, I understand its the holiday season and everyone is busy with other things and that's true for me as well but I still find time to post something to keep this board alive.

We may be hibernating Stu, or just getting ready for a really great Hogmany.

Cheers to all,

Michael
The Reivers Ride Again!

Sis Thompson's oldest

• Sis Thompson at 16...
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2013, 08:46:03 PM »
Oy!
It has been a very busy time here in North Carolina. New job in August at the Asheville Citizen-Times. Deadlines are..... Well deadlines. 

Lots of research on my ever elusive R W Thompson or Thomson, as I have been told. My GGG grandfather must be in the witness protection program,  he is that hard to find.

The Clan membership has been growing and we are at approx. 130 members ÷\- 4  or 5. Seems the word is out and we are gaining more notice in the Scottish communities.

The Games are soon going to ramp up and the big guy and I will attend at least two together, and hopefully the AGM in VA in the fall.

Many thanks to our Pres. VP,  Secretary, Treasurer and Commissioners for all their hard work this year! Can't do it without all y'all.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all!
Yours aye,
Sherry
The bad news? There is no key to the universe. The good news? It was never locked.

Barbara

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2013, 11:51:15 PM »
MERRY CHRISTMAS to all!

Barb and John

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2013, 09:49:54 AM »
Well...........no white Christmas again here in Tennessee!  I see old pictures around the towns of these great snows in "days gone by...." and wonder when they might come again? 

Had a nice, quiet day.......lots of phone calls with friends and family, watched "A Christmas Story" as part of our annual activities and let the dogs play with some new toys (I keep them bought/stored as replacements when needed).

Hope everyone is enjoying Boxing Day!

Thomas B. Thompson

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2013, 07:59:04 AM »
We at least had somewhat white snowy Xmas eve. Gone the next day.

By the way  " Bliadhna mhath ur "  ( Happy New Year ) to all of the
Thompson families.

Tom & Barbara