Author Topic: greetings all from north central Pa. got my packet yesterday  (Read 15311 times)

steve

greetings all from north central Pa. got my packet yesterday
« on: April 04, 2014, 08:42:08 AM »
 came upon the clan Thompson site some time ago and finally decided to join. I hooked up with the Thompson D N A project a couple of years ago and did my D N A test {37 marker} while my son and I were tracing our family tree but no luck so far.  we managed to get back to 1841 and discovered that my GG grand father was an illegitment birth but we did find the court document for when the mother took the father to court for payment so we do have the father and mothers name but no info of him or her before that. there are 2 large Thompson familys in central Pa. with books on their historys but no one is going to put that info in print. so I too am up against the wall.....

Barbara

Re: greetings all from north central Pa. got my packet yesterday
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 01:47:50 PM »
Hello Steve, hope you break through that brick wall soon.  :D 

In Clanship
Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

steve

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 08:04:25 AM »
Hello Barbara, thanks but I think that wall is going to be a tough nut to crack................. :(

glad to be a member of the Clan

steve

Barbara

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 05:27:06 PM »
We're so glad to have another family member Steve.  I know how hard it is to break through that brick wall, but once you do how happy and enthralled you will be.  Have you asked Mary Thompson for help?  She has the means to help us now if our Clan genealogist is up to her eyeballs with researching.   :D

In Clanship
Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

steve

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 05:34:58 AM »
yes I sent Mary some info such as names and dates of births and deaths and my GGGrandfathers obits  and wives info from my father on back to my GGGrandfather hopefully it will help some also I sent a copy of the court document about the mother taking the father to court for payment for my GGGrandfathers birth that also had their names. It said that Robert Thompson was the father and he was fined around 300.00 dollars and William Thompson was bonded for the payment if Robert failed. the mother was Catherine Eagler and I found no info on her.

steve

Barbara

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 11:47:30 PM »
Do you know if William was a father or brother to Robert?

Barb

steve

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 12:18:14 PM »
no, that is what we are trying to confirm though I'm more prone to think brother but who knows

cheryllwith2ls

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 02:19:16 PM »
Just saying hello! And welcome!  :)

I noticed you said there were 2 large Thompson families with books on their history....have you tried the local library in that area? Maybe they could help you? Or at least point you in a direction. Or the local churches. They usually have records you can access, sometimes for a small fee...

Good luck!
Glad you're here!

Cheryll Thompson
The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or even heard. They must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller

steve

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 07:16:09 AM »
Thank you Cheryll, my son and I had been to the historical societys in the areas with the exception of one which we will get to and luckly these are all within an hour and a half maybe 2 from where I live. Also when we were at these places it was early on in our research and we know a little more in what to do now but any help is always welcome, we don't turn down any advice.

thanks
Steve

cheryllwith2ls

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2014, 08:42:51 PM »
Hi Steve! How ya doin' over there?  8)

Hey....can you send the names and dates of your family that you do have? I was looking on your posts and only found Robert Thompson 1841.
The more info the better. I also noticed that you said you had the DNA test done. 37 markers. I do know that the MORE markers you get, the better the results. Of course it's more expensive but it's something to think about further down the road.

Look forward in hearing from you!

-Cheryll

P.S. If Mary found info for you, I'd LOVE to hear about it!
The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or even heard. They must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller

steve

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2014, 06:37:01 AM »
Hi Cheryll, i'm doin fine now that this WINTER is over........

my son has our family tree on ancestry dot com if you can get to it. he has it under THOMPSON FAMILY TREE. Robert was born feb. 28 1842 illigit to a Robert Thompson and Catherine Egler/Eagler I at least have a copy of the court document when she took him to court for payment. I have not heard from Mary for a couple of weeks now.

thanks
 steve

steve

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2014, 03:21:45 PM »
Hi Cheryll, about Ancestry. com I should have made it easier for you to find, if you come across the Thompson family tree with pics of Earl and Ruth they are my parents and pics of Harry and Bessie they are my grandparents. Mary said she was going  to keep searching and pass some things off to Maggie. I know I can use all the help I can get............

Thanks again

Steve

steve

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2014, 05:48:03 AM »
Hi Cheryll, to make it even easier my sons site on ancestry is under Thompsonkaufman and i'm not sure how you get to it he has done a good job on it, all the aunts and uncles and their family members all the way back to Robert W. Thompson {illigit]FEB. 28 1842. and my direct line is as follows from me.
steve.B. 1948
earl, my father B.june 1912 D. 1971
harry paul, my grandfather B.1885, D. 1962
William Henry Harrison, my GGrandfather B. 1860 D.1932
Robert w.  my GGGrandfather B. feb. 28 1842 D. aug. 1919. 

my son has all the info on ancestry with all the wives and their families as well, this is just the REALLY short version.

thanks

steve