Author Topic: Arizona Highland Celtic Festival  (Read 11165 times)

William Payne Thompson

Arizona Highland Celtic Festival
« on: June 18, 2014, 03:58:07 PM »
The 17 Annual Arizona Highland Celtic Festival will be held July 19 & 20 in Flagstaff, Arizona. you can get further information at http://www.nachs.info/festival.shtml Looking forward to meeting any other Thompsons that will be there!
Áit mé Dia os mo chomhair i gcónaí.
I place G-d before me always.

Stirling Thompson

Re: Arizona Highland Celtic Festival
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 05:23:31 AM »
William, Perhaps you should consider becoming the State Commissioner for Nevada/Arizona. Then you can run a tent. Its hard work but also loads of fun getting to meet and talk with lots of nice folks.
Stu Thompson
Massachusetts State Commissioner
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

William Payne Thompson

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 10:18:02 AM »
I might entertain the idea of becoming a Nevada Commissioner, as it is currently my home state.  Arizona may or may not be in the cards as I am only there about once a year to visit family in Flagstaff and attend the festival.  But, nothing is impossible!

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 09:05:51 PM »
I hope you will consider it, William! You know the old saying............'in for a penny, in for a pound!'   You've joined for the long haul, so you may as well really jump in!

Nevada used to have a games in Henderson (I think it was) and I see there is one in Las Vegas. Did they stop the Henderson games and move them to Vegas?

We need commissioners in states where we have never had representation. It's hard to grow if no one knows about you  ;)

Stirling Thompson

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 06:36:29 AM »
William, Technically I'm only the State Commissioner for Massachusetts, but I do or have done games in Connecticut, Vermont and Maine as well because they are close enough for me to do and there are currently no commissioners for those states and I want to get the Clan out there where we can be seen and let other Thoms known there is a place for them.
Stu
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 10:05:55 PM »
.....and thank God you are willing to be our New England work horses (you and Dot!)  You've been working and funding (thank you again!) the games there and doing such a good job for us. You've no idea how we treasure our commissioners - ALL our commissioners and our convenors (where we have more than one person in a state). Maybe William, Chapman and Chris will join in your efforts (hint!).

William Payne Thompson

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 03:58:38 PM »
Mary- Henderson and Las Vegas are pretty much the same city (don't tell Henderson that, they tend to get defensive!) as they are now connected due to growth.  There is a St. Paddy's Day celebration in Henderson every year, but there's no clan envolvement.  There is a tent for the Southern Nevada Sons and Daughters of Erin (of which I am also a member). 

We still have the Festival and Games, which is a pretty big event with a great attendance.  It is held in April, before our weather gets too hot.  We also have a huge Renaissance Fair in October, but I can't recall if there were clan tents.