Author Topic: What are you doing for the 4th of July?  (Read 15508 times)

Booner

What are you doing for the 4th of July?
« on: June 24, 2008, 10:09:17 PM »
I'm going to some friends house and eat up a bunch if BBQ ribs   then I'll call Mary and change my kilt order to a dress blue thompson tent.

and I'll be doing "Wall Security" a couple of nights from 0000 to 0300 ( that's midnight to 3 am for you non-military types).  The City of Thornton Colorado is having one of the moving walls ( a 3/5 replica of the Washington DC VIETNAM Memorial) on display for the holiday, and times being as they are today, they need security to make sure some (fill in the blank here) doesn't do something to it.

My best to you all

Booner Mor (hi Scottie!!!)

Stirling Thompson

Re: What are you doing for the 4th of July?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 05:30:58 PM »
Booner,
I'm headed north to see my grandkids in Maine for the 4th. We'll spend a week up there then bring the two younger ones back to Mass for two weeks then take them back home.

We had the Moving Wall here in Whitinsville in 2002 and I had the honor of walking night guard a couple of nights. The requirements of having the Wall are that there be 24 hour coverage at the Wall more for honor than security.

It is so peaceful and serene and you feel so close to those lost brothers in arms.
Stu
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Graham Thompson

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 07:39:33 AM »
Im not doing anything because im not American and i dont celebrate the 4th of July. On Canada day though (July 1st) I will be recovering after my 21 birthday on June 30th and getting a message.
Guess what!? I'm here to spread my words of wisdom also. Everybody fear them!!! Hahaha

Donna

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 10:27:58 AM »
Happy 21st Birthday, Graham!  21st Birthdays are so much fun...I've had at least 3 of them myself!

Since California is having such a dreadful time with fires, most caused by lightening, I hope folks here don't start with the neighborhood fire works. 

Donna
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

Paula Cash Womack

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 10:30:46 AM »
Had the priviledge of taking my 21&23 year old kids to the Wall in DC a few years back.  Awesome experience, especially the Korean war memorial.  Realizing that most of the casualties in all the wars were children my kids' age really hit home. 

This year, having cook-out with friends, etc.  (Good thing Jim can grill.)

Have a safe one everybody.

Paula

Thomas Thompson

• Deny Us Not!
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 09:12:28 AM »
  As of this minute Mary and I don't have any special plans for the 4th, but since we usually do things on the spur of the moment, that may change.  The one thing I will do is celebrate my birthday by toasting Clan Thomson with a shot of the KY whiskey
"Old Thompson".  A bottle was sent to me by an old friend, who is also a member of the clan. Sorry MacTavish, but true whiskey from Scotland doesn't seem to be a proper way to celebrate the birth of America. I don't have any fireworks so I may resort to only firing a couple of rounds in my log backstop. Besides I need the practice now that "the 9" have discovered the right to have arms by my fellow Americans. A right not  allowed to Scots, English, Canadian, nor those in AUS-land. When we the people agreed to have a central government to govern our lives. Our founding fathers realized that there might come a time when the people who govern just might become tyrants and the average Joe just might have to take back his country from these liberal tyrants!
Tom

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 03:01:00 PM »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GRAHAM!!!!!! 

Hope you have the 1st of July off so you can recover adequately!   Do something FUN !!!

Barbara

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 03:38:20 PM »
Would like to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! too Graham.   :D

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Graham Thompson

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 09:11:27 PM »
Thanks everyone, today was a recovery day. I make a good friend last night, Mr. Toilet. Last time ill be seeing him.
Guess what!? I'm here to spread my words of wisdom also. Everybody fear them!!! Hahaha

Booner

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 09:54:30 PM »
HAPPY CANADA DAY GRAHAM!!!

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOO.  IF YOU CAN REMEMBER IT, THEN YOU MUST NOT HAVE CELEBRATED IT HARD ENOUGH!

Booner

Barbara

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 02:50:48 PM »
Thanks everyone, today was a recovery day. I make a good friend last night, Mr. Toilet. Last time ill be seeing him.

;D I've bowed to the porcelain king too Graham, not much fun.  Hope you had a good time celebrating your birthday.  ;D

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Graham Thompson

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 05:06:29 PM »
Ya I did have a good birthday, but from now on all my celebrations will be done soberly.