Author Topic: DOGS.  (Read 12466 times)

MACTAVISH

DOGS.
« on: September 27, 2008, 12:08:54 PM »
HERE ARE 2 SITES FOR YOU=
http://www.westieworld.co.uk/
http://www.workingsheepdog.co.uk/border_collie_pictures.htm

THE FIRST IS OF GREAT INTEREST TO ME..........THE BREED WAS FIRST DEVELOPED ON DUNARDRY LAND (THAT WAS) BY MALCOLM POLTALLOCH. PRIOR TO THAT; IF THEY GOT A WHITE DOG IN A CAIRN LITTER IT WAS KILLED(!!!!!)'BECAUSE, WHILST HUNTING, IT WASNT VISIBLE IN THE SNOW!'
ANOTHER REASON IS THAT IM A PROUD OWNER OF ONE-LACHLAN MACTAVISH- THATS HIS PEDIGREE NAME- KNOWN AS 'LACHIE'
THE SECOND SITE SHOULD BE OF INTEREST TO YOU, A DOG THAT HAILS FROM THOMPSON LANDS. SUPER ACTIVE AND ADORABLE.
 THE MACTAVISH MAY BE CONNECTED TO THE CUTEST DOG IN THE WORLD BUT YOU GUYS ARE CONNECTED TO THE BRAINIEST.
IN THE OLD DAYS OF HARE-COURSING HUNTERS WOULD TRY AND CATCH HARES BY THE FASTEST DOGS- GREYHOUNDS. BUT HARES ARENT FOOLS AND ZIG ZAG WHEN PURSUED, THE DOPEY GREYHOUNDS WOULD ONLY RUN IN STRAIGHT LINES THUS MISSING THE WILEY HARES. SO; THE HUNTERS SOLVED THE PROBLEM BY CROSSING THE FASTEST DOG- GREYHOUND, WITH THE BRIGHTEST DOG- BORDER COLLIE TO DEVELOP THE 'LURCHER' SEE=
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/lurcher.htm
A DOG WITH BRAINS AND SPEED.

Booner

Re: DOGS.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 11:17:52 PM »
I'm the proud owner of "Skeemer," a yellow lab, 8 years old, and has the best "heart" (love & devotion) of any dog I've ever had.  She's a world class tennis ball chaser, not a mean bone in her body (to people and othe dogs, she's tough on squirrels though), and a great companion.

Regards,
Booner

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 09:00:13 AM »
Thanks, MACTAVISH.  I'm a lover of ALL dogs, but had never heard of a Lurcher. Went to the site - very interesting.  I can't wait to ask my 'doggie friends' if they've ever heard of them!

I lost my beloved 17 year old Dachshund, Schnapps, 2 weeks ago and adopted a dog at a rescue a little over a week ago.....Sally. She's a Jack Russell cross (from the looks of her ears, possibly with a rabbit?).......maybe a Beagle or Dachshund?  Short legs and HIGH energy. She's a sweetie - just needs to understand that this is her FINAL home (she's gone through 3 rescue agencies) and she doesn't need to panic when we leave the room - we aren't leaving forever! She's 8 months old and getting along fine with our 14 year old Aussie.

Donna

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 10:25:39 AM »
Hey Mary,
Sally has such a sweet face!  She must be a little angel (almost)

Donna
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 06:05:40 AM »
She's a sweetie but has definite CHEWING tendencies.........like, she chews EVERYTHING she can find!  Bugs, leaves, sticks, shoes, socks........and severe separation anxiety.  Hopefully, these little problems will dissipate over time and she will be my little angel truly. She has boundless energy, God knows! Seems like she has pumped a bit of new life in Rudy, our old Aussie too.  If she goes out, by gum....he's going to.  He's very protective of her. The cat is a bit more ambivalent. ;D 

Barbara

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 09:31:56 PM »
You needed Sally and I'm so happy you found each other.  Have you given her rawhide chews?  She's teething and needs to chew, chew, chew anything and everything.  I know she will be a lovely companion for you and Rudy and with your tender loving care will calm down and get over her separation anxiety.

Barb
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain