Author Topic: What would a good Scotsman take to a picnic?  (Read 28066 times)

Mary

• Administrator
Re: What would a good Scotsman take to a picnic?
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2011, 07:34:43 PM »
Ugh .......and to CROW about peaty! Ugh, ugh! I must be a more civilized Scot (or else, the Welsh part is coming to the forefront?)

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
    • Thompson Family Web Site
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2011, 10:31:49 PM »
I must admit, I do love a good peaty whisky. That smoky flavor is not to be matched anywhere. But I also love the light airiness of a good Highland malt, or the sharp bite of a Lowland. Islay, Speyside, they all have their good points. Took me some education to learn to appreciate them properly.

But if you're all that Welsh (and I have the Welsh blood in me too), then you might appreciate Penderyn even more. At one of the Colorado festivals, the Welsh Society had some to share and it was quite nice.
The Reivers Ride Again!

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2011, 12:48:55 PM »
But if you're all that Welsh (and I have the Welsh blood in me too), then you might appreciate Penderyn even more. At one of the Colorado festivals, the Welsh Society had some to share and it was quite nice.

You can lead me by the hand (at least on the way back????) to the WELSH tent and I'll try a bit....... :)

Sis Thompson's oldest

• Sis Thompson at 16...
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2011, 07:15:46 AM »
Ugh .......and to CROW about peaty! Ugh, ugh! I must be a more civilized Scot (or else, the Welsh part is coming to the forefront?)

.....hmmmm civilized? Me?! House trained yes............civilized, on the surface possibly.....you know how those Reivers are!    ;)

caw caw
The bad news? There is no key to the universe. The good news? It was never locked.

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2011, 06:20:28 PM »
A blue ribbon?   ;D

Barbara

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2011, 08:37:11 PM »
LOL!  Good one Mary!   ;D
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Sis Thompson's oldest

• Sis Thompson at 16...
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2011, 07:33:45 AM »
...... and so a line from a popular song comes to mind.......

..Lad, I don't know where ye been, but I see ye won 1st prize!........

I have it as my ring tone on the cell. :D
The bad news? There is no key to the universe. The good news? It was never locked.

John ThomsonHollingsworth

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2011, 12:09:00 PM »
Sherry,
BTW our daughter finally sold their house north of Marshall three weeks ago, they closed last Tuesday on a new "to them" house in Haw Creek neighborhood in Asheville. Its only 4 miles from the law office where she works, 8 minutes to day care. Walk to park, library etc. also about 4 miles from Mall.
Garrett is a code enforcement inspector for the city of Asheville.
They decided it was better to take less money and move to Asheville for many reasons, too many lost work snow days last two years, cost of commute and the big one:
Kadence will be 5 in July and Kate wanted her to go to Asheville schools.
She had experience with Madison County schools with her step son.
So no more trips for us to Madison County.
John

Sis Thompson's oldest

• Sis Thompson at 16...
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2011, 02:29:49 PM »
Hey John,
Haw Creek is a nice area. They should like it there. Ahhh to be so close to work and school.......particularly since gas is so high. I filled my tank and was appalled...$40! Thanks to the powers that be, I drive a Honda Civic. Still... $40....mutter, mutter.....

If you have a hankering to visit Madison County give me a ring and we will roll out the Welcome mat for ya! ;D

Cheers,
Sherry