Author Topic: NATIONAL Tartan Day!!  (Read 10041 times)

Mary

• Administrator
NATIONAL Tartan Day!!
« on: April 05, 2008, 07:47:08 AM »
Got this from COSCA - great news!

April 4, 2008

President George Bush today signed a document proclaiming April 6, 2008, as National Tartan Day!  This is a huge victory for us Scottish Americans.  We give humble thanks to the members and associates of The Scottish Coalition USA, and many of you, for your ten years of hard work to make this possible.

Since the passing of Senate Resolution 155 in 1998 and House Resolution 41 in 2005, The Scottish Coalition and others have been actively asking the American-Scottish community to request the President of the United States to sign a Proclamation proclaiming April 6, in perpetuity, as National Tartan Day.  Today's Presidential Proclamation makes National Tartan a National Holiday Observance on every April 6th, similar to Flag Day, thus placing National Tartan Day on the official United States of America calendar.

Happy National Tartan Day!

You may view the Presidential Proclamation on the following link: http://www.pr-inside.com/proclamation-by-the-president-national-tartan-day-r520985.htm

Booner

Re: NATIONAL Tartan Day!!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 06:25:08 PM »
April 6th is also the birthday of my son, Collin William Thompson.....

My baby, my best friend, will be 17, and I thank what ever God you may believe in that I'm lucky to be his father.

Sorry for that bit of emotionalism, i may have gotten a bit carried away, by My God, I love that kid.

Booner

Barbara

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 10:00:57 PM »
What a wonderful father you are Booner, I hope your son knows how lucky he is! 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to COLLIN WILLIAM THOMPSON!!!

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Cathy McTavish

• Core
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 06:13:23 AM »
What a strong name!!!!

Cathy

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 05:44:20 PM »
AYE! ...............or, is it ACH!!!  ??????    Whichever, congratulations to both of you.........Collin for his birthday and Booner for surviving this long!  ;D ;D

Graham Thompson

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 08:36:51 PM »
Well isnt everyone nice today. Well happy birthday collin and booner happy ???Century??? ;D
Guess what!? I'm here to spread my words of wisdom also. Everybody fear them!!! Hahaha

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 05:19:43 PM »
Well isnt everyone nice today. Well happy birthday collin and booner happy ???Century???  ;D]

You know Graham - one of these days we're just gonna SLAP you for being so young! 

Graham Thompson

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 02:20:24 PM »
lol probably. But you would do that, you all like me to much. ;D
Guess what!? I'm here to spread my words of wisdom also. Everybody fear them!!! Hahaha