Genealogy > Thom(p)son DNA Project

DNA testing

(1/4) > >>

Moira:
This was posted on another site, but it applies here too ----

--- Quote ---I received a newsletter from ancestory.com today and their main topic was DNA testing. They are selling thier testing for about $150.00 but they also said they would accept results from other companies and post those results on their site. They gave a few wed sites from outher companies doing DNA testing. So I clicked on those links and came up with this one--

http://www.smgf.org/pages/participate.jspx

I have ot checked it out fully, but you can request a DNA kit and they will annalize for free.

As with most DNA testing, it's for the guys (you know, the y chromasome thing)

--- End quote ---

Booner:
I did the DNA test with SMGF.org.  It's free and although they won't send my DNA results to me, they will post my results along with the genealogy i submitted to them. So I will be able to see my results.  They test the DNA in batches and also verify the genealogy submitted so it may take awhile before they post the results.  I submited my DNA in mid-January and haven't seen the results yet.   But free beats $150.00 any day.

I hope my DNA is mostly human.

Big T

Moira:

--- Quote ---I hope my DNA is mostly human.
--- End quote ---

If not, I'll suggest an appropriate clan for you to join!  :o

Moira

E. Thompson:
Thompson Family DNA Project

Are any of the people who made the below listed on the Thompson DNA website  members of this forum 
T-27 James Thompson, b. 1796 NC                     
T-113 James McComish, b. c1780 Ireland       
T-79 John Thompson, b. c1826 Ireland               
T-43 S Thompson                                                                                                   
T-75 EE                                                                       
T-99 John C. Thompson, b. 1852 Ireland                                                                     
T-98 William McCamish, b. 1750 Ireland

If so I would like to get in contact with you either on this forum or you can contact me via email at EThompson365@aol.com

Bobbie:

--- Quote from: Moira on February 11, 2008, 09:23:53 AM ---
--- Quote ---I hope my DNA is mostly human.
--- End quote ---

If not, I'll suggest an appropriate clan for you to join!  :o

Moira

--- End quote ---

Yeah, Clan of the Cave Bear!   ;D

Bobbie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version