Genealogy > Thom(p)son DNA Project

New member hello to the Clan

<< < (2/3) > >>

Forum_mgr:
Hello Kenton,

Let me put my 2 cents in here - - - if you have siblings or father/uncles (Thompsons) who might be interested, you could all chip in and pay for ONE more extensive DNA test on you and it would basically apply to all. The variations between relationships that close would be minimal (in the DNA sense). Just something to think about as a way to know more about your roots the cheapest way - - - I would encourage the 67 marker test whenever you could afford it based on what I have seen from various sites/members. It's great that you are interested and planning on pursuing the idea!

F.M.

Kenton Thompson:
F.M. - Thanks, good to get input on this.

GeorgeT:
Welcome Home !!

As a fellow THOMPSON I have to say it is great to hear from you.
I have been into the genealogy for several years and have traced my Thompson line back to
William Thompson 1375 Dunbartonshire, Scotland.

The Thompson line I followed has links to just about all states.

To discuss it further, please Email me at:
gthompson42@sc.rr.com

I recently moved from the home gorounds (southern Ohio and West Va) to So. Car.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
-Steve Thompson-

Stirling Thompson:
Welcome to the clan Kenton! Hope you find the experience fun and enlightening!
Hey Steve... got any Thompsons in mid-coast Maine? My line goes from David Thompson (b. abt 1800 m. Joanna Collamore in 1829) to William S. Thompson to Augustus B. Thompson to Catherine L. Thompson to Elmer R. Thompson to me.

Pamela K. Thompson:
Kenton, Welcome to The Clan! My name is Karma and I am Jim Thompson's wife. I haven't posted or even been on in ages (sorr,y brothers and sisters). I have a family tree building on Ancestry.com and you are Welcome to view it. It's Jimmie Neal Thompson's Family Tree. We live in Camdenton, MO. I graduated from what was SMSU and lived in Springfield. Our Thompson's appear to have come here by way of James (Jimmie) Thompson somewhere around 1735 and they originally settled outside Philadelphia, Pa. I have them through N.C., S.C. (some appear to have peeled off to Kentucky and Tenn.) but Jim's direct ancestor then went on down into Georgia, then into Arkansas and finally into Missouri. Have any names? Maybe we're related!  :o Karma

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version