Genealogy > Thom(p)son DNA Project

Levi Thompson b. 1834ish lived in Alexandria Indiana..brick wall.

<< < (10/12) > >>

Dusevoir:
Uneven, you are welcome!

I saw your amazing blog.  I noticed Hunt is a surname in your family.  I have a R. Wayne Hunt in my DNA matches.  Ring a bell?  Here are the surnames he listed......

* Hunt
    * Wilks
    * Riley
    * Ashlock
    * Williford
    * Gilmer
    * Moore
    * McCullar
    * Holcomb
    * Magee
    * Box
    * Green
    * Wheeler
    * Talley
    * Thomas
    * Light
    * Morris
    * Doss
    * Willson
    * Brooks
    * Price
    * Haile
    * Bagley
    * Cook
    * Wilkins
    * Hurt
    * Nix
    * Gibson

Dusevoir:
Uneven........here is the 1860 Indiana census for all Levi Thompsons.

[attachment deleted by admin]

uneven:
You've got him, he's the first guy on the list (misspelled in the census of course!)

In 1860, I've got him nailed because he appears with his wife and some of the children.

In 1850 I'm having particular trouble because there are few Levi's in the area but none that seem to be born in the 1834 - 1836 range. I'll take another look at that census list though, maybe I can weed out a few other Levi's from the 1850 and compare and contrast to find him.

mike

uneven:
I notice there are many more Levi Thompsons in 1860. I also see that one of the Levi's I consider most often 1831 from washington, washington, Indiana stays through the emergence of my Levi Thompson, but another Levi Thompson listed as 1829 in 1850 from washington, washington, seems to  disappear.

I think my Levi married Rosa around 1855. There is no record (I've found out) because of a courthouse fire, but given the age of his first daughter, 1855 is a good bet. Rosa is a lifelong resident of this part of Indiana. She's in VanBuren (where Levi shows in 1860) in 1850.

Levi sometimes lists Indiana as his birthplace and sometimes he's got Pennsylvania assigned. I wish I had some idea of the names of his parents.

Stirling Thompson:
Mike,
I'm not sure you want to totally disregard your James as possibly being Levi. I have come across a couple of instances in my own searches where it appears (for whatever reason) that an individual has swapped first and middle names from one census to the next. It is very frustrating but as Mary says keep slogging away at it. Best of luck!
Stu

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version