Genealogy > Thom(p)son DNA Project

DNA results

<< < (3/8) > >>

uneven:
Not sure what it would mean but I have Hibbards in my family tree on my Thompson side. Mortimer G. Hibbard and his daughter Telitha Hibbard from Tazewell Illinois are directly related to me through my great grandmother, Orvetta Finks (mother to my grandfather Charles Thompson). That seems pretty distant though.

Dusevoir:
The list with Hibbard belongs to Carl Lewis Lawson.  His tree shows a Susannah Thompson b. Nov 1803.  She was married to Jesse Gill.  Her father was George Thompson (PA), grandfather George (England) and ggrandfather Thomas. 

Thomas Thompson:
Hello Dusevoir

I am a bit confused after looking at all the matches you posted from Family Tree. I thought the DNA results were supposed to limit your related links
to the most likely with a genetic distance of three or less.
    The numbers in your post seems to indicate someone in you past might have been a bit promiscuous? The good thing ( I think) is that the cavorting was outside the family  ;D
   Seriously I haven't a clue regarding  your matches, nor can I think of any way to help your search.
If you can narrow it down somewhat ( dates and locations) maybe we can help.
Tom

uneven:
Well, that Hibbard hint is as good as any. My Thompsons are also possibly from Pennsylvania so it gives me a name to look up. Thanks very much for posting it. Susannah would be about 30 years older than my earliest known Thompson.

Out of curiosity does he know where the Thompsons were in England?

Thanks,

mike

William J. Thompson:
Osborne is a familiar name for me...my grandmother was an Osborne. (And the VA Thompsons)

--Bill.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version