Genealogy > Thom(p)son DNA Project

DNA results

<< < (6/8) > >>

William J. Thompson:

--- Quote from: Dusevoir on December 09, 2010, 09:33:25 AM ---Bill, There are some Osbornes on that tree from Virginia.  Which Osborne connects with Thompson? 

--- End quote ---
Neat! Here's what I have...

My gm was Hildred Mamie Thompson, b. 2/23/1920 in Anawalt, McDowell, WV, d. 2/4/1984 in Largo, Pinellas, FL.
She was married to my gf Ralph Woodrow Thompson, b. 11/1/1912 In Tazewell, Tazewell, VA, d. 5/12/1976 in Bluefield, Mercer, WV.

Hildred's dad, my ggf, was William Clarence Osborne, b. 4/5/1894 in Tazewell, VA, d. 12/9/1970 in Largo, Pinellas, FL.
He had an older sister, b. ~1897, Effie L. Osborne.
I don't know his father, but his step-father was Brantty Y. Fox, and his mother was Mary (Osborne) Fox.

Any familiar names? ;D

Dusevoir:

--- Quote ---I was reading your post about your cousin John Thompson and you mentioned that he had the DNA of all the Thompsons in Scotland. Were you refering to only the Thompson's on your side of the family?
--- End quote ---

Thomas B. Thompson......here is John Thompson's tree...

Andrew Thomson b. 1839  Dundonald, Ayr, Scotland,
Archibald Thompson  B:  22 June 1677  Abbotshall, Scotland, United Kingdom,
Robert Thompson  B:1707  Antrim, County of Antrim, Province of Ulster, Ireland, 
Archibald Thompson  B:1740  Pennsylvania, United States,
Benjamin Thompson  B:25 Mar 1777  Norriton, Montgomery, Pennsylvania, US 

Now, there is this gap we are still trying to figure out.

Our known ancestors...

Jacob B Thompson married to Nancy Fuller in  Jeffersonville, Clark, Indiana.                                 

Orlando "Ollie" Lynch Thompson  B. May 1842 in Jeffersonville, Indiana  married to Wilhanetta Y Martin.  In 1850 they lived Louisville, Jefferson, Kentucky.

Alonzo "Lon" B Thompson B. 8 August 1868 married Darthula Green.

Maurice "Morris" L. Thompson B. 1903 in Rankin, Illinois, USA married Alice Paull in Oregon. (my grandparents)

These Thompsons moved to Paducah, Kentucky.

I have seen the names Osborne and Fox in my DNA matches trees.  I just have to find it again.  I really need a secretary.  Do you have the surname Berry in your tree? 

:) Barb

William J. Thompson:
No Berrys in my tree. Plenty of nuts, though.  ;D ;D

Dusevoir:
Ya.......we have a few of those, too.   ;D

Thomas B. Thompson:
I have Berry on my mother's side of the family which I haven't explored yet.
My mother's sister Betty Todd married a Charles Berry. Both have past away.
Two cousins Wayne Berry and Richard Berry. Ring any bells???

Thomas B. Thompson

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version