Genealogy > Thom(p)son DNA Project

DNA results

<< < (7/8) > >>

Dusevoir:
I have seen both Berry and Todd in my DNA surname matches.  I will try and find them again to see who they belong to.

Dusevoir:

--- Quote ---Out of curiosity does he know where the Thompsons were in England?

Thanks,

mike
--- End quote ---

Sorry Mike, I have not been able to find where the Thompsons were in England. 

I'm still keeping my eyes open. 

Barb

Booner:
Ducevoir,

I think this person is in your line, by that I mean you posted him-->Benjamin Thompson  B:25 Mar 1777  Norriton, Montgomery, Pennsylvania, US 

I did a search on Google maps and there is a East & West Norriton, PA in Montgomery township.. What is really interesting to me is Benjamin live about 8 mile from Trappe, PN, which is where my first U.S. Thomson (Edward Franklin Thomson), lived sometime after 1794. 

Booner

Dusevoir:
Booner, Thanks for looking it up on the map.  We may be closer cousins than we thought. 

I believe Benjamin Thompson is my ggggrandfather.  It's a wild, maybe, for sure, kind of guess.  All because looking back in 1820-1840, my Thompsons lived in Jeffersonville, Clark, Indiana.  Benjamin was the only other name besides my known Thompsons (Orlando and Alonzo) in that city and county. 

Booner:
Ducevoir,

I'll be your cousin!

It is amazing how some states figure in our families history.  For instance Indiana seems to be a pathway for most of our families as the made their way westward.  I'll have to look up the towns my family lived in in Indiana and for how long.  My question is why Indiana?  I have ancestors who moved from N. Carolina up to Indiana the west,  Again, why through Indiana?  Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Booner

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version