Author Topic: We had a great time & a great response in PLEASANTON, CA. !!  (Read 11329 times)

cheryllwith2ls

• Administrator
We had a great time & a great response in PLEASANTON, CA. !!
« on: September 02, 2013, 06:13:49 PM »
Hi everyone!!  We just got back from the Pleasanton, CA. Scottish Games and I've never met so many nice, wonderful people! It was a great time  :)
We had Donna Lingren in the tent with us from Milbrae, CA. (lifelong member) and her friend Angelica. They were fantastic and so excited to be there with us. THANK YOU DONNA!!  It was a GREAT turnout both days. I was actually able to take some pictures and actually able to post them before 2 weeks has gone by.   8)  People were VERY excited to see their clan...Clan Thompson....at these games!!  Here are the photos!     

The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or even heard. They must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller

Donna

Re: We had a great time & a great response in PLEASANTON, CA. !!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 12:04:18 AM »
 A big Thank You to Cheryll and Paul.  Clan Thompson was well represented
this past weekend at the Pleasanton Gathering & Games. It was about 90
degrees when I was there on Saturday and we still had a good turn out.
Y'all know how I always fuss about posting photos...well, I was only able to
get two before my camera died  :(
(Thanks, Cheryll, for posting your pics)

Donna
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 10:15:15 AM »
Great pictures as always! It looks like Paul is wearing a 'verrrra nice' Thompson blue kilt.........but we can't see it! DUH

Sounds like you guys and Donna and friend had a great time - so glad you all got to spend some time together. I can't believe how busy it was and you sold out of tshirts and ran out of all of your handouts and business cards.....can't hardly do better than that!

Boy, Donna..........what a lame excuse for not having a bucket full of pictures! We'll expect better of you next year!  :D

cheryllwith2ls

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 02:08:20 PM »
I put more pics on another post! It would only let me upload 6 at a time so I had to put them on multiple posts  :)
The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or even heard. They must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller

cheryllwith2ls

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 07:31:53 PM »
Here ya go Mary!

Verrrrrra Nice  :)

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 09:11:36 PM »
Love the little fella in the helmet --- scares me! :)

And as regards Paul......as Babs used to say about a good lookin' man in a kilt..........."Oh Baby, Oh Baby!" 

cheryllwith2ls

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 10:42:03 AM »
Woo hoo! He does look great in it :)   ;D

Barbara

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2013, 10:19:06 AM »
And I got to see first hand how great Paul looks in his kilt at the Columbus, IN Games. Thought he was going to win the Bonniest knees contest too!  ;)  Cheryll, thanks for the photos and it was so great to meet you and Paul.  Congratulations on becoming our new Vice President of Clan Thompson, I know you'll do a great job.  :D

Barb
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

cheryllwith2ls

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2013, 11:18:27 AM »
Thank you, Thank you Barb  :D
You're a sweetheart!