Author Topic: Possible new festival in Nacogdoches, Texas  (Read 6238 times)

cheryllwith2ls

• Administrator
Possible new festival in Nacogdoches, Texas
« on: July 06, 2015, 09:30:48 AM »
Hi All :)

Happy belated 4th of July to everyone!

As some of you might know, Paul & I are moving to Texas after the Pleasanton, CA games. That would make it around Labor Day.
We went out to our home in Texas this last week and while we were there we had a look at the many BEAUTIFUL parks available in our little town of Nacogdoches. We inquired with the visitor's center as to which parks will allow things like festivals, etc.
Paul & I have been kicking around organizing a Scottish Festival there. Seems to be quite a few Scots out there (not to mention Norwegian's and Irishmen) and we think we might give it a go. Is it possible for Clan Thompson to be the sponsor of that or how exactly would we go about "sponsoring" it? I just don't want to do something that we're not supposed to (tax or legalities).

We think it would be great fun and the folks there seem receptive to it.

Any thoughts???

:)  Talk soon! Sorry I haven't been posting as much.....just been crazy busy! I'm still here though!

Cheryll
The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or even heard. They must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller

Mary

• Administrator
Re: Possible new festival in Nacogdoches, Texas
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 05:56:07 PM »
Well.........Ern did it in Australia!  There were no Scottish festivals anywhere near him in Queensland, so he started one and it's been a great success.....so.....