Author Topic: Ancestry.com  (Read 10140 times)

Thomas Thompson

• Deny Us Not!
Ancestry.com
« on: March 18, 2014, 04:34:02 PM »
 :DNEWS[/b] :o

I am proud to announce that your Board of Directors have voted to buy an ANCESTRY. COM:
     Membership for ALL of our Clan Thompson Society supporting members. The world Explorer PLUS membership includes:
                Fold3.com Membership

Newspapers.com Membership

Irish and other special groups are also listed.

Our Clan Genealogist is overloaded; so after a brainstorming telecon we came up with this to help ease the work load.

Here is how it will work. The member seeking assistance will send the road block question to Admin@Clanthompson.org
   We will enter their known family tree information into the Ancestry data base with the intent of finding a fast link on the road block.
   If we are unable to find the required data we will then send the information on to Maggie for her professional attention.

Example: John Thompson wants to find his Great Grandfather's name & birth place. He will send us his Grandfather's birth/Death/wife/marriage location and any other relevant data (children, cemeteries,etc.)
   I hope this makes thumbnail sketch will work. .

Tom
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 04:39:55 PM by Thomas Thompson »

Barbara

Re: Ancestry.com
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 01:35:21 PM »
WOO HOO!!!!  :D  Great idea!

Barb
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

MICHAEL the Canadian

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 09:40:35 AM »
My sister died last year, she was a member of ancestry.com. She had done some research on our family line, but since she died so did the search for the family line. My sister had reached back to Charles C. Thompson 1874-1946 married to Mary Ellis 1885-1962 mar,s parent James Ellis born 1845 - ? Mother Mary Ellis 1856- ?    Mary had 4 brothers and 2 sisters Helen 1880- ? , Alexander 1882- ?, James 1884 - ?, Joseph 1888 - ?, William 1890- ? Agnes 1892 - ?

My line of ancestry has stopped at Charles C. Thompson he was born 1874-1946 in London and I believe Mary 1885-1962 lived in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Charles c. Thompson and Mary had 3 sons John,   James 1909 - died ?, Alexander  E. Thompson 19011-1987 (MY FATHER)
Alexander had 3 daughters and a son, Sandra, Heather, Patricia and Michael (THIS IS ME)

I do not know if someone can help but here is some of the info I have.

cheryllwith2ls

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 09:06:26 PM »
Hi Michael!

Send all of this info, add your full name and birthdate info to it and send it to Admin@Clanthompson.org

:) hope this helps

Cheryll
The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or even heard. They must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 12:03:23 PM »
I'm working on it with Michael now..........I THINK I found his dead end's birth date - now, to find the parents!