Author Topic: 23rd Annual Glasgow Lands Scottish Festival  (Read 7817 times)

Stirling Thompson

23rd Annual Glasgow Lands Scottish Festival
« on: July 09, 2016, 01:00:00 PM »
Somehow this didn't get put on the list at the top of the Forum page. The 23rd Annual Glasgow Lands Scottish Festival will be held this Saturday at Look Park in Florence, MA. Clan Thom(p)son will be there. This will be my first games of the 2016 season so if you're in the neighborhood stop by and say hello!
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Stirling Thompson

Re: 23rd Annual Glasgow Lands Scottish Festival
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 06:21:13 AM »
Just a little reminder that tomorrow is the day for the 23rd Annual Glasgow Lands Scottish Festival at Look Park in Florence, MA, games open at 9:00 am and offer lots of fun for the whole family. Stop by the Clan Thom(p)son tent and say hello. I look forward to reconnecting with old friends and meeting new ones.
Stu

Stirling Thompson

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 11:45:06 AM »
It was a gorgeous day on Saturday for the 23 Annual Glasgow Lands Scottish Festival, temps in the upper 80's with breezes most of the day. We left home at 6 AM and took the hour and a half drive to Look Park and managed to get everything set up by 8:30 AM. I must apologize for the lack of pictures, we were using our phones and Dottie said she couldn't see to take anything. Me I'm mostly just lazy and when I'm talking with visitors in the tent I never remember to take pictures. Anyway, we had lots of folks come by the tent in a steady stream most of the day.

New tent display set up this year. Dottie says she'll make new table covers so it will look better next time.

The number of clans in attendance was down quite a bit this year. I spoke to Jonathan Tucker (Clan MacIntyre) the Clan Village coordinator and he told me there were eight less than last year although it seemed like more to me. There were 21 bands this year and course the athletes, dancers, critters and other entertainment kept thing hopping all day. I had a chance to speak to Charlie Zahm, a perennial favorite at the all the games, and he said he will the Maine games this year because he'll be touring in Scotland. Kevin Thompson, the author of Kiltology stopped by to say hello and when he saw I had Kiltology, Volume I as part of my display he gave me a signed copy of the new Kiltology, Volume II. If you're not familiar with these books they are full of wit, humor and philosophy surrounding the wearing of the kilt. Of course being a border clan Thom(p)sons didn't wear a kilt so I wore this instead.

Part of the new Reiver outfit that Dottie is making for me. She still need to do the doublet and she's going to make an outfit for herself too.

Next up will be the Maine games on August 20, 2016 and then Quechee VT on August 27, 2016 and of course we'll see you all at Loon for the New Hampshire games in September.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 11:51:36 AM by Stirling Thompson »
Stu

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 09:17:08 PM »
You've done us proud again! 

I like the new outfit.......can't wait to see what Dottie is making for herself! Wonder if I can get Tom into something like that.......? hmmmmm