Author Topic: Australian - Samuel Thompson  (Read 10692 times)

Allison Thomas

Australian - Samuel Thompson
« on: December 21, 2007, 04:54:33 PM »
Hi All
I am a descendant of Andrew Thompson B: c1807 Scotland, married Nancy Ann McCormick.                     
They had six sons - Andrew (Jnr), Samuel, William, James, John and Thomas who migrated to America from Ireland in 1857 arriving at St. Paul, Minnesota on 2.5.1857 on the Steamboat “War Eagle” .

The second son emigrated to Australia in 1951 and settled in St Marys/Penrith, NSW.

I wondered if there were any connections with anyone here, if so I would be very happy to share any information regarding this family.

Cheers
Allison
South Australia

Forum_mgr

• Administrator
Re: Australian - Samuel Thompson
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 07:41:07 PM »
Hi Allison!

Just a note - I know you realize this is a BRAND NEW forum...so it is going to take time for people to find it!  Don't despair. Wish it was our line!  :D

Admin

Booner

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 09:45:38 PM »
I had 1 relative emmigrate to Australia, but I know nothing about him-->Maybe it'll help someone

11. Aaron Cornelius Thompson b. 23 aug 1867 Indiana, USA, d. 21 mch 1951 Sydney Australia

--Big T

Ernestt481

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 05:01:44 PM »
G'day Big,
Thought I'd help you out with a bit of research downunder and I've discovered Aaron's marriage,his death, his wife's death and her family.
With the info comes their certificate numbers which you will need to acquire the certificates for further ref.
Australian death certificates show a heap of info including CHILDREN OF MARRIAGE, and cause of death, parents info,and a lot more.
I can post all the info here or I can send it to you by email. Your choice.
Regards
DOZO

Booner

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 11:16:08 PM »
DOZO,

THank you very much! 
Please post the info on this forum. Maybe what you post can help someone else.  Aron's not in my direct line- He's the son of my gg grandfather's brother.  What kind of uncle doe that make him?

Again, Thank you for the effort--& welcone to the forum.

DOZO--I'm sure there's a good story behind that name!

Regards,

Booner

Ernestt481

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 04:54:44 PM »
G'day Booner,
I thought your writing technique looked familiar.
This is what I discovered about your Uncle.
Aaron Cornelius Thompson
b. 23 Aug 1867 - Indiana, USA.
d. 1951/9881 @ Annandale, New South Wales, Australia.
m. 1913/5933 @ Petersham, NSW. to Florence Annie Sawyer.
                                                   b. 1872/4922 @ Waterloo,NSW.
                                                   d. 1947/2040 @ Canterbury, NSW.
                                                   Father: Francis William Sawyer
                                                   Mother: Fanny ?
Florence was one of at least seven(7) siblings all born in the inner suburbs of Sydney.
To acquire further info you would have to buy their certificates from the BDM of NSW. I can help you with that if you want. The cert. number is stated after the year of the event e.g. 1951/9881 =  the death cert. for Aaron and on it will be stated any children etc.
Regards
DOZO#1
(It's got nothing to do with Japanese, the dozo that is)

Booner

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 05:09:28 PM »
Dozo,
Your the best!  I appreciate what you have, but since I am so distantly related to this guy, I'll save my money..
But for anyone who is interested, or may be connected to this individual, I have more information on his ancestors and am very happy to share.

Also, I've been to Sydney, a lovely city and toured the Eastern side of Australia.  What a great country!  One of the few places where they like Americans.

Thanks again DOZO!

Big T