Author Topic: Remaining Games for 2017  (Read 6674 times)

Stirling Thompson

Remaining Games for 2017
« on: August 29, 2017, 08:41:29 AM »
Where does the time go? It's been a strange year so far, missed the Rhode Island Games due to a graduation, traveled all the way to North Carolina for the Grandfather Mountain Games, missed the Glasgow Lands Games mostly due to exhaustion, attended the Maine Games then missed Quechee, VT last week due to a death in the family and that brings us into the fall season and three remaining games.

First up is the New Hampshire Games, September 15 - 17 at Loon Mountain. Last year was our first year there and we had lots of clan members come for the AGM and to help out. This year it will just be Dottie and I, and possibly our grandson Jacob if he can get away. I know we signed up a number of new members there and it would be great if some of them showed up to give us a hand. I must admit I'm a little apprehensive about doing a three day festival with just two people it will be a very long weekend.

The Saturday after the New Hampshire Games Dottie and I will travel to Pennsylvania for the Ligonier Games. This will be the first year for Clan Thompson at these games after some issues last year. Alan and Heidi will be hosting the tent as they did at Grandfather Mountain and Dottie and I will help out as best we can and hopefully a few more clan members will be able to make the trip.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend the AGM at Stone Mountain, GA but I'm sure it will be a great event.

And finally, my season will finish up as always at Scotland, CT on October 8, 2017. While these are a small games they are still my favorite and the first games I ever attended as a Clan Thompson representative.

So, if you're in the area for any of these games stop by and say hello I would love to chat with you. And of course I will take pictures and post reports on all the games.

Stu
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu