Author Topic: Rhode Island Scottish Highland Festival  (Read 9108 times)

Stirling Thompson

Rhode Island Scottish Highland Festival
« on: June 09, 2014, 09:01:05 AM »
The first of the New England area games will take place this Saturday at the Washington County Fairgrounds in Richmond, RI. Clan Thompson will be in attendance and anyone in the area should stop in and say hello. I missed these games last year due to a grandson graduating but it is always well attended with 50 or more clans expected and always lots of fun for the whole family!
Stu
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Stirling Thompson

Re: Rhode Island Scottish Highland Festival
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 12:38:37 PM »
The RI Scottish Highland Festival was held last Saturday. It was a beautiful day that started out a bit cloudy but then the sun came out and warmed everything up nicely. Clan participation was down from prior years with only 27 clans in attendance but the number of bands made up for it. I swear there must have been as many bands competing as there were clans in attendance. It was really crowded on the parade ground for the opening ceremonies.

I had missed last year and layout was changed so that the Clan Village and parade ground were at the far end of the venue away from the entrance. I haven't decided whether its an improvement or not.

Turnout was excellent with decent crowds throughout the day. Met and talked with lots of folks. It was strange not having Ray there but his sons Michael and Joseph came and helped with the set up and Dottie came as well. Chapman and Chris Thompson were there with Chap's wife and grandson and they joined me for the parade of clans.

I misplaced the XD card for my camera so the only pics I have were from Dot's phone. I know Chap's wife took pictures so maybe he'll post them here as well. Anyway...

Dottie took a selfie!

Me!

Gathering for the parade (Chapman, me and Chris and son)

Here comes the Honor Guard to get the clans.

Time for us to go!

Here come the massed bands!

Back to our tents after the ceremonies.

There are more photos here...
http://s1213.photobucket.com/user/StuT/library/RI%20Games%202014

Stu

Donna

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 10:17:09 PM »
Hey Stu & Dot,
Thanks for posting your photos for everyone to enjoy  :D
Once again, it looks like you did us proud!

Donna
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

Barbara

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 04:36:56 PM »
Ditto to what Donna said.  Thanks Stu!

Barb
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 10:37:53 AM »
Hey Stu and Dot -

Can we use your photos for the newsletter we're working on now?

Got anything (anybody) that you want to send for inclusion???

Stirling Thompson

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 02:04:05 PM »
Mary, anything I post is considered reusable by anyone who needs it including the pics. BTW I plan to attend the Scotland , CT games I didn't post it because its not till October. I plan to do the Maine Games on August 16th as well.
Stu
Stu