Author Topic: Closing of the Quechee Games  (Read 7923 times)

Stirling Thompson

Closing of the Quechee Games
« on: June 12, 2016, 09:15:07 AM »
Sad news! After 43 years the Quechee Highland Games and Festival in Quechee, VT is shutting down. Although managed by the St. Andrews Society of Vermont the games were primarily sponsored by a local company called Scotland by the Yard. That company is closing this September and the games along with it. I had done the Quechee Games the last several years and it has always been one of my favorites in the beautiful Green Mountains of Vermont and I will miss them. They were always a lot of fun with great participation by clans and visitors. Hopefully the St. Andrews Society of Vermont will find new sponsors and this closing will be only temporary.
Stu
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
    • Thompson Family Web Site
Re: Closing of the Quechee Games
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 11:46:04 AM »
Best wishes for a revival Stu. It's always sad to lose something like that. Our Pike's Peak games were recently revived after being inactive for a few years. This past event was the third year after restarting and is bigger and better than ever.
The Reivers Ride Again!

Stirling Thompson

Re: Closing of the Quechee Games
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 08:16:01 AM »
Great news! The Quechee VT games are back on! Apparently they have been able to line up some new sponsors. The 44th Annual Quechee Games will be held on Saturday August 27, 2016 at the Quechee Polo Grounds in Quechee VT. I have to get my registration in the mail today but Clan Thom(p)son will be there!
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu