Author Topic: New Member  (Read 33631 times)

Jan Cunningham

Re: New Member
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2008, 01:57:54 PM »
Hello again.  This is Jan Cunningham.  I decided to change my user name so
I would be more readily recognized.  (I'm just to used to other sites).
Jan C.

Donna

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2008, 02:27:45 PM »
Hey Jan,
Since you are my cousin, I'll be the first to welcome you to the Forum and to the Clan Thompson Society!    You're going to just love everyone here!

Donna
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2008, 09:20:22 PM »
Welcome Jan!

I'm so glad your cousin talked you into joining us! We're a wacky group - and our conversations can take off on any tangent at the drop of the hat....but we're fun!  Please ask any questions, pose possibilities and ideas, comment on everything and anything, start new topics.............someone will jump in and comment on it!  :o

I also want to thank you for joining right off the bat as a life member! That shows confidence in us! All I can say is that we're doing our best and can only get better with input from our members. Please post!

What highland games are in your area?

Mary

Stirling Thompson

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2008, 09:10:08 AM »
Welcome Jan, Beverly, Duke and anybody I may have missed due to encroaching senility. I seem to be falling behind and have forgotten who I've already welcomed to the madhouse and yes, the inmates are definitely running the asylum. But hey, that only adds to fun!
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Graham Thompson

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2008, 05:47:18 PM »
Welcome
Guess what!? I'm here to spread my words of wisdom also. Everybody fear them!!! Hahaha

Booner

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2008, 09:10:26 PM »
Welcome home Jan,  We're all glad you're here.

Booner

Barbara

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2008, 10:44:19 PM »
Welcome Jan, it's great to have another member of our family here.  Post and have fun!   :D

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Beverly Kohn(Thompson)

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2008, 11:33:20 AM »
         Good Morning! I wasn't sure which category to post general conversations in so, here I am. I just wanted to wish everyone a great Halloween, this is one of my favorite times of year as I love Ghost Hunting! Everything seems to come together this time of year. My greatest dream is to one day go to Scotland to do a bit of hunting, but you should be careful what you wish for ,huh? I hope everyone has a great holiday.  Bev

Booner

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2008, 09:19:14 PM »
Thanks Bev.

I enjoy Holloween too, although I way to old to trick-or-treat

Booner

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2008, 09:29:34 PM »
I always loved making costumes and decorating. When I was a library director, we turned the library into a Haunted House every year. The Lioness ran a non-scary room for the little kids and the others came through the haunted house. We had some great props and actors.....chain saws, Frankenstein's monster and his creator, Dracula, witches...... we moved the book shelves and covered them with black plastic. Then we had people on top with fishing rods and strands of fishing line that they would bob down in front of people's faces ....others would swoop 'bats' in and out of the tombstones outside with fly rods....we'd cut slits in the black plastic and walk through the aisles right in front of people carrying a battery candle and through a corresponding slit on the other side. We had light and we could see the slits but the visitors couldn't and 'people' would just materialize in front of them and then be gone.  It was great fun. The town organizations and businesses donated candy, ice cream, brownies, etc. and the library was the draw every year and every year we made it different. I do miss it!

I also remember painting haunted houses, black cats, bats, ghosts, etc. on our daughters' fingernails a day or so before Halloween so they could wear them to school. This was before you could buy stickers!

Mary

Barbara

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2008, 09:57:43 PM »
That sounds like a lot of fun Mary.  Bet you do miss that.  Living out in the country like us I bet you don't get any Trick or Treaters. 

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Graham Thompson

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2008, 10:21:11 AM »
Your never to old for trick or treating. When im in the ages of 22-dead im gonna go trick or treating every year. You got to pull the old my little brother/sister is sick. but dont tell them brother slash sister. choose one or the other
Guess what!? I'm here to spread my words of wisdom also. Everybody fear them!!! Hahaha

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2008, 11:25:19 AM »
Graham, you truly are incorrigible!

You're right, Barbara - we've never had a trick or treater here. Not only do we live 4 miles from the nearest town (not city!), but we're on the top of a hill, too!  I don't even want to walk up that hill with the mail, let alone for a candy bar! Well....maybe a couple of candy bars.......... ;D  I really don't know what the country kids do - whether they go on into Cookeville to some organized events or what?? I suppose they are probably driven around to the neighbors...it's too far to hoof it for little ones.

Barbara

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2008, 11:51:04 PM »
Saves money Mary, not having Trick or Treaters.   ;D  You're closer to a town than we are.  It's 12 miles to the nearest town and 15 miles the other way to another town for us, but I love country living.  :D

Barbara