Author Topic: Lowell E.S.Thompson representing on the athletic field.  (Read 13941 times)

Lowell Thompson

• art-handlers.com
Lowell E.S.Thompson representing on the athletic field.
« on: September 11, 2008, 01:46:35 PM »
Hello Thom(p)sons. It is my pleasure to be a part of this great clan and compete for our name and title. I have been a mens >190# class thrower for six years and am currently ranked 8th in the country. I live in Buena Vista Colorado and am 38 yrs old. My wife Sara and I attend 8-10 games a year in our area,region. The national competition for mens 190 class is held in K.C. each year and I plan on being there each year. I also will make Alma 09 and Mesa Az 09. You can see my result at the NASGA web site. Again, it is my pleasure to have you as my family. Thanks Lowell.
THROW HARD!!!

Mary

• Administrator
Re: Lowell E.S.Thompson representing on the athletic field.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 02:08:45 PM »
Hello and WELCOME to the family Lowell and Sara!

Our first, very own heavy athletics competitor!  Woo Hoo!!

Tom told me about you when he got home and that you had said you would register and post.....and here you are! You must do REALLY well to be 8th in the country! Wow.  And now that you know you have all of us behind you, you'll do even better  ;D   

Again, I'm glad you're here and, although we may not get to the other games where you compete, we'll be behind you all the way! We're going to have to get a CA commissioner soon!

Mary

Barbara

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 05:21:26 PM »
Hi Lowell, I welcomed you on another page before I saw this on.  ;D
I second everything Mary said.  :D

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Booner

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 07:12:49 PM »
Hi Lowell,

Glad to see your post and it was real nice to meet you and your family---and congratulations on your ranking.

--Booner

Graham Thompson

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 07:49:18 PM »
Welcome Lowell and family
Guess what!? I'm here to spread my words of wisdom also. Everybody fear them!!! Hahaha

Thomas Thompson

• Deny Us Not!
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 09:25:55 PM »
Welcome Lowell
   I have your picture and hope to print it soon. His wife is a perfect Lassie.  As I told you we are willing to consider sponsoring you as a member of the Clan Thompson Society. Send your information along with you Mbrs app.
Tom

Thomas B. Thompson

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 01:21:09 PM »
Greetings Lowell and family,
    It's great to have you and yours in our family
I just moved from Lafayette, Co. but all my kids are still there.
My brother owns a home in Harstel. Hopefully on one of my
visits I will have the honor of meeting you and your family.

Thomas B Thompson

Mary

• Administrator
athletic field.
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 09:38:49 AM »
Hey Lowell -

We have a new competitor in our ranks......Nathan Thompson.......he competed at the Columbus Highland Games, IN, in the Junior Division. He did the
  22 lb Hammer Throw.....36 ft 8 in
  28 lb weight for distance...48 ft
  16 lb stone throw......23 ft 7 in
he also did a 14 ft long, 88 lb caber and flipped it, but it didn't land straight enough.  STILL................a VERY GOOD SHOWING, especially for a first time out!

It was really his first efforts at these - and we're very proud of him. 

I told his mom that maybe he could get some pointers from you ?!? We need to encourage the younger members so they can become proficient like you!

« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 09:41:26 AM by Mary »

Lowell Thompson

• art-handlers.com
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 06:22:01 PM »
Hey, that is great news about Nathan. We will have a strong presence for many years to come. Keep up the throws. Practice,Practice,Practice. Most of all, Never let the passion die...   Good luck young Master Nathan...   Lowell E.S.Thompson
THROW HARD!!!

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
    • Thompson Family Web Site
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 07:51:58 PM »
Glad to see young strapping fellows like yourselves upholding the family name. Celtic sports are a bit beyond my level of physical fitness these days, though I do like to watch.
The Reivers Ride Again!

Duke Thompson

• Core
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 01:33:38 PM »
Hi Lowell,

Any chance you might make it to the Central Florida Highland Games in January?  I broke out my long bow and have been to the range a couple of times in hopes of doing somewhat well in the archery competition, but have no experience (nor the back, I think) for the actual games.

Thought I would extend the invitation!  Keep us all posted on the games you are planning to attend, you might end up with quite the family fan club cheering you on.

Duke
James Edward Thompson, Jr. aka Duke
Sip your beer and chew your scotch!