Author Topic: New Canuck  (Read 22211 times)

PaulThompson

• yes this really is me
New Canuck
« on: April 16, 2009, 07:32:36 AM »
Hi all, I am Christopher Paul Thompson (everyone calls me Paul).
I became interested in finding out if there was a Scottish link somewhere in my family (my wife thinks kilts are sexy!!) and found all of you.  Needles to say I am a little overwhelmed with how many of us there are!!  I have two sons William (20) and Aaron (17), a blood sucking leach exwife (meant in the kindest way possible) and am remarried to an angel.  I have a golden retriever named Rufus (I noticed on the patriarch page this is a common family name).

I don't know much about my line but what I do seems to tie in well with what I have read on the website!

I look forward to finding out more from all of you.
three important things about life:
A day without laughter is a wasted day,
no one can take education from you,
don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive anyway!!

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
    • Thompson Family Web Site
Re: New Canuck
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 08:09:41 AM »
Welcome Paul, glad to have you with us.

Your wife is right, kilts are definitely sexy, and you should wear one of those instead of that outfit you have on in your profile picture. (Just kidding, buddy)

What part of the country are you in?
The Reivers Ride Again!

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 08:11:19 AM »
Oh wait, I looked at your profile and you're in Germany! Way cool. Adds to the international flavor of the clan.

The Reivers Ride Again!

PaulThompson

• yes this really is me
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 08:11:49 AM »
Oh ya by the way ;D, I am a clown :o.  Class clown all through school, now I get paid to do it!
Also I live in sunny southern Alberta.

PaulThompson

• yes this really is me
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 09:26:32 AM »
Oh wait, I looked at your profile and you're in Germany! Way cool. Adds to the international flavor of the clan.

sorry my mistake ???, filling out the profile page location is right after date of birth, so of course I put in my place of birth.  I can kind be an airhead at times.

Beverly Kohn(Thompson)

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 10:08:27 AM »
  Hello Paul and family! Welcome,Welcome,Welcome!!! It sounds like you are going to fit right in with us. If you can add hardheaded you really are a match! What a gift to be able to make people laugh, you truly are blessed! Am eager to get to know you and your family and tell your wife she is correct, Kilts are way sexy!
   yours in family and spirit!
          Bev

Stirling Thompson

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 10:40:43 AM »
Welcome aboard Paul and family! I've been waiting for someone to help with jokes threads I could use a rest! As opposed to being arrested which so far I've managed to avoid! ;D
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Barbara

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 05:40:23 PM »
Hello Paul and welcome!  Great to have you join our family, and we are all family here.  Your wife is so very right about kilts being soooooo sexy.   ;D

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 09:12:50 PM »
Welcome anyway Paul, even if you're not in Germany. I did wonder why a Canuck would be in Germany, but even Canadians travel don't they?
The Reivers Ride Again!

Booner

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2009, 11:56:58 AM »
"a blood sucking leach exwife "   Hmmm, I wonder why we haven't met at the meetings?

Well welcome now, Paul

Booner

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 12:41:36 PM »
Welcome to the mildly loony bunch! Especially the men....but then, you already know that having heard from Stu, Michael and Booner!  It's a good thing Barbara, Bev and I can manage the decorum around here!   8)  ;D  Yeah.....right, huh???

Welcome to you and your angel wife (I think I'll skip the other) and sons. Hope they get involved too!

Good to have some more Canadians join us! We're becoming more international by the month...........:)

Mary (and Tom, but he's out mowing the grass)

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2009, 02:01:34 PM »
Mary (and Tom, but he's out mowing the grass)

Here in Colorado, our grass is covered with snow and more is falling by the hour. We certainly needed the moisture though.
The Reivers Ride Again!

Barbara

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2009, 07:45:06 PM »
Michael, when we lived in the San Juan mountains of Colorado we always got a foot or two snowfall on John's birthday, May 2.  It never failed the whole 10 years we lived there.  One year they had to bring out the snowplows at the 4th of July Rodeo!   :o  We always had to take our coats to the Rodeo and usually wore them the whole day.  One year we forgot and had to go back home to get them, but we had a lot of fun.

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Donna

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2009, 12:48:39 AM »
Hey Paul,
Welcome to your and your family!  When time permits, please post your Thompson genealogy for us.  My Thompson family is from Ontario Canada and I really would like to find a few "cousins"    :D

Donna 
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

PaulThompson

• yes this really is me
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2009, 09:43:03 PM »
Hey Paul,
Welcome to your and your family!  When time permits, please post your Thompson genealogy for us.  My Thompson family is from Ontario Canada and I really would like to find a few "cousins"    :D

Donna 
I was talking with my brother tonight about Clan Thompson and found some more information, unfortunately if we are cousins Donna it's back a ways because my Grandfather was born in England and moved to Canada.

So the next question that I have is where do I post what I know about my branch of the family?