Author Topic: New Canuck  (Read 26894 times)

PaulThompson

• yes this really is me
Re: New Canuck
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2009, 09:51:30 PM »
So I wanted to post a bit more about us, I've already read a lot about many of you.

Currently my angel wife is starting her 3rd semester for her doctorate of Pharmacy through the University of Florida (distance education), the plan is when she is in her last year that I will also do my masters in GIS through Florida.  One of my sons lives here in lethbridge but the younger lives in St Catherine's Ontario (he is in part the reason I found Clan Thompson).

three important things about life:
A day without laughter is a wasted day,
no one can take education from you,
don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive anyway!!

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
    • Thompson Family Web Site
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2009, 07:41:47 PM »
Michael, when we lived in the San Juan mountains of Colorado we always got a foot or two snowfall on John's birthday, May 2.  It never failed the whole 10 years we lived there.  One year they had to bring out the snowplows at the 4th of July Rodeo!   :o  We always had to take our coats to the Rodeo and usually wore them the whole day.  One year we forgot and had to go back home to get them, but we had a lot of fun.

I can identify with that Barbara. It's common in Colorado to wake up to frozen snow and have sunny skies and warm temps by afternoon. Happened today, and I think I left my coat in the car, so I'll have to get it in a bit.

People often don't believe me when I tell them March and April are our snowiest months until they see one of our spring blizzards. We used to have a festival on Mother's Day every year, but it kept getting snowed on so they changed it to July.
The Reivers Ride Again!

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2009, 09:03:34 PM »
So the next question that I have is where do I post what I know about my branch of the family?

Paul - the genealogy section is right above this topic on the main page of the forum!  You can post what you know there and then our members can check it and see if you have any common (or, in our case...uncommon!) ancestors!

If you decide to join the Society, you can submit it to Cathy (our genealogist) to see if she can find any more information and it will be included in our rootsweb genealogy database. Several of our members have discovered they are related through the database.

We'll be watching for it!

Graham Thompson

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2009, 05:47:14 PM »
Welcome fellow Canadian. My brother in law lives in Calgary, I have some family in Edmonton and I live in "Sunny" Winnipeg, Manitoba. Sorry about my late response, ive been so busy finishing my socal but im back not
Guess what!? I'm here to spread my words of wisdom also. Everybody fear them!!! Hahaha

PaulThompson

• yes this really is me
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2009, 07:44:03 AM »
Graham, I was just about to write some response about Winterpeg Manitoba but there are currently 5 cm of snow on the ground here and we just had the rain yesterday melt 10 cm of snow (weird weather, haven't seen this since the 70's).  Anyway it's good to hear from another Canuck, hope the weather doesn't have you snowed in!
three important things about life:
A day without laughter is a wasted day,
no one can take education from you,
don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive anyway!!

Graham Thompson

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2009, 05:44:27 PM »
lol not any more. We had a good 5 feet of snow this year. Right now we've been getting alot of one day +16C the next +5C and rain. Its messed up
Guess what!? I'm here to spread my words of wisdom also. Everybody fear them!!! Hahaha

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2009, 04:52:15 PM »
Hi Paul ===

In the Thompson Genealogy section at the top of the Clan Forum main page -  it's above the General Category.

Mary

Forum_mgr

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2009, 09:10:24 PM »
Paul - where did you go?

F.M.