Author Topic: New member  (Read 13948 times)

GTJack

« on: March 10, 2010, 07:24:27 PM »
Hello all Thom(P)sons

Greg Thompson here. Saying hello, hope to meet some of you, maybe connect to relatives or blood relatives lost.

Forum_mgr

• Administrator
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 08:42:42 AM »
Hello Greg and welcome to the family!

The forum is pretty slow right now -- spring fever? Anyway, members will be dropping bye and are sure to drop a note to welcome you as they do. As with most forums, we have far more READING the posts than taking the time to actually support the effort.  :(

Can you post any of your genealogy information so members can see if there are any common links? Last known ancestor/spouse would be helpful.

F.M.

Stirling Thompson

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 05:25:48 AM »
Hi Greg! Welcome to the family and to the forum. Where are you from and how'd you find us?
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Donna

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 11:14:02 PM »
Hey Greg,
Welcome to the family!  We're a lively fun bunch but we do have our quiet times!

Donna   :D
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

JTThompsonUSMC

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 02:26:24 AM »
Hey guys Justin Thompson here I am also new here I was told about the forum threw my Uncle Greg who posted at the top of this thread! I am just kind of following him around to find out more about the family name!

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 11:18:14 AM »
Hi Justin!

Welcome to you and your Uncle Greg...........and the family continues to grow!  We'd love to hear about both of you.......where you're from, how did you find us, what are your thoughts on the efforts............ new ideas, topics for discussions, questions!  We all learn from questions and sometimes, researching a question sends us to some place where we discover unexpected goodies.

Feel free to post ...we've tried to make areas for most topics....the member's area at the bottom of the forum main page is for things that don't quite fit anyplace else (and only members of the forum can see those posts)........

Throw your oar in the water!

Mary

Thomas Thompson

• Deny Us Not!
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 01:34:07 PM »
Hello to both Uncle Greg and Justin
   I am happy to see your posts and I think our members would like to know more about you and as always we are interested in your family.
   The next step for you is to visit one of our tents at the nearest Highland games and say hello.  Who knows you might even want to become a supporting member?
Tom

Pamela K. Thompson

• Core
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2010, 08:04:43 PM »
Welcome to you both! I'm Karma Thompson aka Pamela. Iam the wife of Jim Thompson. I have been in contact with some folks who matched in sme respects to Jim's DNA posting on ancestry.com. I have been communicating with a Barbara Thompson and a lady named Kay who is realaly into the geneology. I have e-mailed both of them information about Clan Thom(p)son. I sure hope they join! Busy time of year for everyone. I'm MIA for long periods of time. But I pop up now and then. Again WELCOME!!

Stirling Thompson

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 08:31:14 AM »
Welcome Justin! Always good to see another Marine on the loose! Semper Fi!
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Sis Thompson's oldest

• Sis Thompson at 16...
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 11:43:08 AM »
Welcome to the fray Greg & Justin! ;D

I came across this board last fall and felt at home right away. I hope you will too.

Cheers,
Sherry
The bad news? There is no key to the universe. The good news? It was never locked.

GeorgeT

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2010, 01:28:07 PM »
Welcome Indeed >>>

Although you did not include any genealogical "clues" I figure you are indeed a "relation"
to many of us.

Please let us know the parents, grandparents, great grands, etc..

Dates & places of birth would be nice also.

-Steve Thompson-

Donna

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2010, 07:41:42 PM »
Hey Y'all    :-*

Although I've not posted much since the Holidays, I have been stopping by to check up on the Forum Family every now and then...
If I've failed to extend a welcome to anyone, please forgive me.   :-[
WELCOME ONE & ALL !!!    Please don't be shy...

Donna
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

GeorgeT

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2010, 05:51:26 PM »
Welcome Greg !!!

I am Steve Thompsn and I have been doing genealogy a little while.

I have traced my line back to James Thompson, b ant 1350 Dunbartonshire, Scotland.
My line is MOSTLY in the Wythe & Giles Cos of Va.

Later,
-Steve-

Booner

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2010, 09:13:43 PM »
Welcome Justin & Greg.

Please tell us more about yourselves and your family history, etc.  We'd all like to learn more about our prospective cousins in the hope of tying things together.

regards,
Booner