Author Topic: Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas!  (Read 7695 times)

William Payne Thompson

Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas!
« on: June 18, 2014, 04:20:19 PM »
New member from Las Vegas, NV here.  Excited to be a member of this Clan organisation.  Born in County Mayo, Ireland (Contae Mhaigh Eo, Éire) and moved to U.S. when I was 9 y/o.   I guess that makes me part of the Thompson line that moved from Scotland to Ireland.  I will be heading to the 17th Annual Arizona Highland Celtic Festival July 19 & 20.  Would love to meet any other Thompson that might attend!
Áit mé Dia os mo chomhair i gcónaí.
I place G-d before me always.

Stirling Thompson

Re: Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 05:03:15 AM »
William, Welcome to the Clan and the forum! Unfortunately I'll be running the tent at the Glasgow Lands Highland Festival in North Hampton, MA on the 19th so I don't think I can make the AZ games. In fact I never get out of New England but welcome anyways!
Stu
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

William Payne Thompson

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 11:31:33 AM »
Thank you, Stirling!  I'm hoping to look at the possibility of having the Clan represented in the Las Vegas and possibly Arizona Festivals.  I attend both of them yearly and have never seen Clan Thompson at them.  (Which seems ironic, since Thompson is such a common name in the Anglo world!)
Áit mé Dia os mo chomhair i gcónaí.
I place G-d before me always.

cheryllwith2ls

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 10:01:12 PM »
Welcome William!! So you're interested in being a commissioner??? (No pressure here! ) We were thinking of setting up a tent there (vegas) last year but we just couldn't make it. We're not THAT far away, maybe we could chat a little about the possibility of doing it together if you're ever interested (in the future, probably too late to do it this year).
Let us know how the games you attend go! We'd love to hear about them.

Slainte,
Cheryll

The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or even heard. They must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller

Barbara

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 03:57:58 PM »
A big warm welcome William!   :D

Barb
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain