Author Topic: Highlands Ranch Colorado Scottish Games and Festival  (Read 15701 times)

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
    • Thompson Family Web Site
Highlands Ranch Colorado Scottish Games and Festival
« on: July 31, 2010, 12:58:26 PM »
Come join Clan Thompson for the Scottish Games and Festival with Celtic Music Extravaganza in the evenings at Highlands Ranch Colorado.
Highlands Heritage Park
9651 S. Quebec Street
Highlands Ranch Colorado
The Reivers Ride Again!

Donna

Re: Highlands Ranch Colorado Scottish Games and Festival
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 06:27:40 PM »
Hey Michael,

I'll be with y'all in spirit  :D
Have a wonderful, fun time and I know you'll do us proud!
And, don't forget the photos!!!

Donna
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

Parker Thomson

• Denego Nos Non!
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 02:08:47 PM »
I'll be there!  I need to figure out how to transport my caber in a Subaru! ;D

SlĂ inte
 ))
((
DENY US NOT

Thomas Thompson

• Deny Us Not!
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 10:01:04 AM »
HI
   I wish I could be there; for several reasons. First and foremost, I miss not being able to be with the friends I met at Estes Park, second, I like Co, and last but not least, it's too hot here in Tn (95in the shade).
   Hope you meet many new 'cousins' and are able to convince them to become supporting members.
Tom

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 02:50:17 PM »
Well, it has been in the 90s here a lot too, though our humidity is lower, so it's not so bad in the shade. Booner and I are ready to have a great time at the clan tent and meet a lot of Thoms. The clans at this festival are always very welcoming and friendly, and we always have a great time.

Good luck with the caber Parker, we'll look forward to seeing you toss it. Remember to take it out of the Subaru first.   ;)
The Reivers Ride Again!

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 07:43:01 PM »
Just got back from day one of the Highlands Ranch Colorado festival. Had a great time in the clan tent with Dan "Booner" Thompson and Parker Thomson, both of Colorado, and we met a lot of new family and nice folks.

Lowell Thompson was competing in the games, and Parker got some video, so I'm sure we'll see some of that. My son Sean Thompson took third place in the Hot Bagpiper contest, so we were well represented there as well.

They had lots of excellent music, and the clan folks were friendly and welcoming as always. We all thought this festival has gotten bigger since last year.
The Reivers Ride Again!

Donna

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 12:39:03 AM »
What a handsome bunch of Scotsmen   :o

Thank you, Michael, for posting the photo for the Clan Family to enjoy.

Barbara

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 04:04:18 PM »
You got that right Donna!  Handsome Scotsmen in Kilts....<sigh>.  ;D  Cousin Booner, I missed you at Glasgow this year.  :(   Maybe next year.   ;)

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 08:14:47 PM »
We met lots of wonderful people at the Highlands Ranch Games, including a fair number of new "cousins." Thompsons were well represented in various parts of the festival. Loretta Thompson (no relation to me, but I've known her a few years) plays the fiddle and has lots to do with the music. Booner and I talked to her about joining the clan; we'll have to see if she takes our advice.

Sean Thompson took third place in the "hot bagpiper" contest. I think he was robbed, but I could be biased, as I'm his dad. He has his own style, notice the kilt and hawaiian shirt.

Krystal Thompson (my daughter) was part of an Irish dance troop that did several shows at the festival.

My son Timothy Thompson did yeoman's work in the clan booth, especially stamping the passport booklets that the kids bring around. The Scottish American Military Society distributes these booklets, and the little kids bring them to all the clan booths to get them stamped. When their booklets are full, they can enter a drawing for a prize. It brings lots of families around to the clan booths.

All in all, a great time. We're looking forward to even better in Estes Park next month.
The Reivers Ride Again!

Donna

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 01:44:32 PM »
Michael, Booner, Parker, and Lowell, 
Thanks for all your hard work!  We all appreciate it (and you) 

Donna

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 10:30:43 AM »
Thanks for all the hard work (and expense) EVERYONE!  Parker-- you're lookin' good in that new kilt! What a handsome trio you three are all kilted up!
And Michael....what an industrious, musical family you have....it's astounding! You are rightly proud of them  :)

We're going to put out a mailing re: AGM 2011   If you guys want to try for Colorado, it will have to be on the understanding that you can come up with enough people to make it worthwhile... and enough directors to get a quorum. I think an AGM at Estes Park would be a nice change, but we'll have to see how the votes come in from members. Give it some thought, though.....

Gotta dash...we've having severe thunderstorms and have gotten over 5 1/2 inches of rain in the past 3 hours. Tom went out but couldn't get past the little town of Rickman due to flooding (a little S10 pickup was parked by one of the houses and it had water up to the tops of the wheel wells). More rain expected. We NEEDED rain, but I guess when we asked for it we should have been more specific????

Parker Thomson

• Denego Nos Non!
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 03:05:12 PM »
Thanks for the Kilt comment- but that's Parks, not me who got the new kilt.  He and his  bride will be at Estes, CO., but they were on their way back from a coaching gig in Australia while the Highlands Ranch games were going on.

Here's a pic of that new kilt.

DENY US NOT

Parker Thomson

• Denego Nos Non!
DENY US NOT

Booner

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2010, 07:52:32 PM »
A good looking family Parker!

Booner