Author Topic: New Supporting members.  (Read 106677 times)

cheryllwith2ls

• Administrator
Re: New Supporting members.
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2014, 10:04:40 PM »
Wow!! Such a geographically varied list!!  How cool is that???  :):):)

WELCOME!!
The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or even heard. They must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller

MICHAEL the Canadian

« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2014, 09:54:45 AM »
Welcome Carol and ann to the group may it grow continually.
Mike the Canadian near Montreal Quebec,

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2014, 12:45:27 PM »
Welcome one and all to the family! We're getting members from all over the place and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

Stu - are you going to Scotland this fall?  Did I miss an announcement?

Ron Yatzek

« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2014, 09:33:17 AM »
Well, I have kind of vanished for a while, but I finally cast my lot and signed up for the membership today.  You all have been amazing with the help and such you have given so I want to not only re-pay the favor, but be a part as much as I can to help out and keep it going strong! ;D

Barbara

« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2014, 03:54:32 PM »
Hello and WELCOME Ron!   :D  The more the merrier.   ;D  If you attend a few Games you will see and feel the merriest.  ;D  This Clan family has so much love and laughter for each other when they get together.  I feel very blessed to be a member of it.  :D

Barb
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

cheryllwith2ls

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2014, 06:01:27 PM »
Yayy Ron!  I also am a VERY proud member of the most awesome CLAN THOMPSON.  :D 
Glad you're back on here!

-Cheryll
The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or even heard. They must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller

Ron Yatzek

« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2014, 11:05:20 AM »
Thanks!  I have been wanting to do it for a while, but I just really have not had time for even browsing the internet...lol.  Glad I finally got it done!

Sis Thompson's oldest

• Sis Thompson at 16...
« Reply #97 on: August 02, 2014, 04:08:47 PM »
Welcome Ron!
Your member package is on it's way!
Sherry :-)
The bad news? There is no key to the universe. The good news? It was never locked.

Ron Yatzek

« Reply #98 on: August 07, 2014, 05:16:36 AM »
Received my package today!  Thanks all!

cheryllwith2ls

• Administrator
« Reply #99 on: August 08, 2014, 01:08:18 PM »
It's official!! :)  Where are at again Ron? You're not near CA. are you? I'm asking because we have the games here in Pleasanton, CA coming up at the end of August and I want to invite you to visit us at the Clan Thompson tent we'll be having there.

-Cheryll

Ron Yatzek

« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2014, 05:52:41 AM »
It's official!! :)  Where are at again Ron? You're not near CA. are you? I'm asking because we have the games here in Pleasanton, CA coming up at the end of August and I want to invite you to visit us at the Clan Thompson tent we'll be having there.

-Cheryll

Nope, entire other side of the country in Georgia. Well, actually on an island on the GA coast...lol.  Funny story about that dealing with Scots; Darien, GA here, which is 9 miles from where I live now and 30 miles from where I grew up, has a huge Scottish population, primarily McIntosh, and was founded by John McIntosh and a group of 100 or so Highlanders in 1736, originally as New Inverness.  John was the father of Lachlan McIntosh, who was a famous Revolutionary War commander and political figure here.

They typically do a small Scottish games and festival there that we will more than likely be attending.  Right now with my band gigs taking off and work, we are not going to be traveling much at all until this coming spring when we go to Ireland for 10 days. ;D

And yes, I play alto and tenor sax...lol.

Thomas Thompson

• Deny Us Not!
« Reply #101 on: August 13, 2014, 12:59:08 PM »
Hello Reivers

Send a big welcome to our members:

William Payne Thompson                              Las Vegas                      NV     ( Life member)
      William Harold Thompson III                          Petrolia                          PA
      Laura Estella Thompson                                Fairborn                         OH
      Charles W. Thompson                                   Cripple Creek                 CO
      Marshall J. Thomson                                     Mississauga                   ON     Canada
      Sterling Yatzek                                              St Simon's Island            GA
      Gregg Stephen Thompson                            Birmingham                    AL
      William C. Myers                                           Colorado Springs           CO

cheryllwith2ls

• Administrator
« Reply #102 on: August 19, 2014, 09:03:00 AM »
WELCOME ONE AND ALL!!!

taterbugbrown

« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2014, 07:44:04 PM »
     So, I started researching my family tree for my kids.  My Father is a Brown, of course, and my Mother is a Thompson. 

My maternal Grandfather is still with us, but my Mother does not claim him so I have not seen him in years.  I have memories of visiting my Great-Grandparents in Tennille, GA and he would be there.

My Great Grandfather was Annis Thompson, 1909-1992.

The rest of the trail follows...

William I Thompson     1885-1946
     William H Thompson    1851-1929
     John W Thompson      1823-1901
     Richard Thompson      1785-1857
     James Thompson        1743-1796
     William Thompson Jr    1720-1747
     William Thompson       1705-1743
     Thomas Thompson      1675-1721
     John Thompson          1625-
     John Thompson          1589-1625
     David Thompson         1565-

I find it ironic that I find myself drawn to this particular branch of my family tree, the one that was ignored during the years I grew up, but I am excited about learning more about this part of my family history. 

My wife thinks I may have gone off the deep end because I have already told her I want a kilt.

Anyway, I can't wait to hear from all of my long lost cousins out there

Stirling Thompson

« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2014, 09:01:52 AM »
Welcome taterbug! Hope you stick around and join the fun and games. You've done well tracing the line as far back as you have. Mine also runs out at a David Thompson but in about 1800 in Maine.
Stu
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu