Author Topic: researching family Thompson Charles C. b 1874 LONDON?  (Read 7473 times)

MICHAEL the Canadian

researching family Thompson Charles C. b 1874 LONDON?
« on: April 28, 2014, 08:45:24 AM »
My father was Alexander Thompson born 1911-1987 married to Monica Constance Caffrey born 1911-1997 lived in Montreal ,but mostly in St-Johns (now St-Jean-sur-Richelieu) Quebec,Canada Alexander brother named James Thompson, John Thompson,  Monica Caffrey 4 sisters 1 brother Irene,Nora, Leona, Muriel and Norman.

My grandfather was from London England born July 4,1874 died 1946 Monteal,Qc Canada married with Mary Ellis  b1885-1962 lived at one time Edingurgh Scotland ,Mary's parents James Ellis b 1845  wife Mary Ellis b 1856

Mary Ellis had 2 sisters and 4 brothers Helen,Alexander,James,Joseph William,Agnes

I do not know this is the right way to find info or to look for help to connect to other Thompson's, I will apologize now in case this is the wrong method and I affend someone or the site purpose. Mike(Michael Thompson)

Barbara

Re: researching family Thompson Charles C. b 1874 LONDON?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 01:16:12 PM »
Hello Michael, you are in no way offending anyone by posting your genealogy here.  Maybe someone will see it and can connect to it.  Our Clan genealogist Maggie Jones as I understand is swamped at this time and Mary is taking on genealogy questions as she has the software and memberships to do a lot: Admin@Clanthompson.org  If you have hit a brick wall contact Mary and maybe she can help you. We have a page that gives links to various genealogy sites to help in your search: http://www.clanthompson.org/genealogy.html
Hope this helps.

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain