Author Topic: DNA results  (Read 40219 times)

Dusevoir

• Core
  • Me
Re: DNA results
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2010, 07:34:18 AM »
I have seen both Berry and Todd in my DNA surname matches.  I will try and find them again to see who they belong to.
Old Genealogists never die - they just lose their census.

Dusevoir

• Core
  • Me
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2011, 09:15:12 AM »
Out of curiosity does he know where the Thompsons were in England?

Thanks,

mike

Sorry Mike, I have not been able to find where the Thompsons were in England. 

I'm still keeping my eyes open. 

Barb

Booner

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2011, 09:54:16 PM »
Ducevoir,

I think this person is in your line, by that I mean you posted him-->Benjamin Thompson  B:25 Mar 1777  Norriton, Montgomery, Pennsylvania, US 

I did a search on Google maps and there is a East & West Norriton, PA in Montgomery township.. What is really interesting to me is Benjamin live about 8 mile from Trappe, PN, which is where my first U.S. Thomson (Edward Franklin Thomson), lived sometime after 1794. 

Booner

Dusevoir

• Core
  • Me
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2011, 02:43:03 PM »
Booner, Thanks for looking it up on the map.  We may be closer cousins than we thought. 

I believe Benjamin Thompson is my ggggrandfather.  It's a wild, maybe, for sure, kind of guess.  All because looking back in 1820-1840, my Thompsons lived in Jeffersonville, Clark, Indiana.  Benjamin was the only other name besides my known Thompsons (Orlando and Alonzo) in that city and county. 

Booner

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2011, 10:36:52 PM »
Ducevoir,

I'll be your cousin!

It is amazing how some states figure in our families history.  For instance Indiana seems to be a pathway for most of our families as the made their way westward.  I'll have to look up the towns my family lived in in Indiana and for how long.  My question is why Indiana?  I have ancestors who moved from N. Carolina up to Indiana the west,  Again, why through Indiana?  Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Booner

Dusevoir

• Core
  • Me
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2011, 08:18:27 AM »
OK, cousin Booner........I searched a bit on the internet and found Larry Thompson (couldn't find him on this site).  He has a thread going on Rootsweb.  You may already know about this.  It has a lot of info about Thompson families and some in Indiana.  The link below is where my search took me, then I just clicked around the site.  I had fun, anyway. :)

THOMPSON-L Archives
http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/THOMPSON/1999-08/0934262176

Barbara

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2011, 12:07:40 AM »
Ducevoir,

I'll be your cousin!

It is amazing how some states figure in our families history.  For instance Indiana seems to be a pathway for most of our families as the made their way westward.  I'll have to look up the towns my family lived in in Indiana and for how long.  My question is why Indiana?  I have ancestors who moved from N. Carolina up to Indiana the west,  Again, why through Indiana?  Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Booner

Booner, the Ohio river took people to Indiana.  It was easier to travel by boat than by narrow trails through the forests.  Check out this site:
http://mjcpl.org/rivertorail/beforesteam/pioneers-go-west

Cousin Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Dusevoir

• Core
  • Me
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2011, 08:39:07 AM »
Booner, the Ohio river took people to Indiana.  It was easier to travel by boat than by narrow trails through the forests.  Check out this site:
http://mjcpl.org/rivertorail/beforesteam/pioneers-go-west

Thanks, Barbara, that's an interesting website.  My ggrandfather Alonzo, (the one I have in my photo) was a Railroad Engineer with Lake Erie, Western RR and Illinois Central (Paducah, KY, Rankin, IL and Tipton, IN).  He also ran the steamboats.   

Barb

Barbara

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2011, 08:23:35 PM »
Hi Barb, isn't it exciting to find things like that when we start researching.  :D  I wonder what kind of traits were passed down the line to me from my ancestors.....I know arthritis was... ::) I could have done without that gene!   ;D

Another Barb
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Dusevoir

• Core
  • Me
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2011, 02:59:30 PM »
I wonder what kind of traits were passed down the line to me from my ancestors.....I know arthritis was... Roll Eyes

I've got that one, too.

I would love to know who gave me my traits.  Like a poster with names on my eyes, nose, mouth, hair, body parts, illnesses, personality, etc.  Is that too much to ask for?   ;D

Barb