Author Topic: 2016 Maine Highland Games  (Read 6570 times)

Stirling Thompson

2016 Maine Highland Games
« on: August 29, 2016, 11:18:23 AM »
As promised...
The 2016 Maine Highland Games were held at the Topsham Fairgrounds in Topsham ME on Saturday August 20, 20126. We left my daughter's home in Waldoboro around 6:30 in the morning and got to the fairgrounds about 7:30 and had everything set to go by 8:00 am.

Dottie and I were accompanied to the games by our grandson Jacob who looked great in his Clan Thompson tee and Heritage of Scotland kilt.

It was a beautiful day with temps in the 80's and fairly low humidity but the drought conditions here in New England made it a bit dusty. Again this year we were located directly behind the entertainment tent. Rathskeltair was the headline entertainers and the only one that used the tent.

I don't care for the setup here since the Clan Village is behind the parade ground and well away from the vendors and competitions and I think that probably affected visitor turnout but we still had a decent number of visitors to the tent.

Our youngest visitor of the day was Finbar Scott Thomson all the way from Glasgow who stopped by with dad Kevin.

Jacob wants to try competing in the hammer throw next year possibly and this year he learned how to toss the caber.

I looked resplendent in my Reiver outfit that Dottie made for me.

There are lots more pics on Photobucket here:
http://s1213.photobucket.com/user/StuT/library/Maine%20Highland%20Games%202016
Enjoy!
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu