General Category > NEW MEMBERS! Introduce yourselves here!

A Thompson of many kinds

(1/3) > >>

A. Thompson:
Just a fairly quick introduction.  I am what I have jokingly termed an American mutt, meaning I have Scottish, Irish, German, and a bunch of other stuff in my ancestry.  So no am not pure, but a great percentage of my heritage comes from German and Scottish families. 

I've always had interest in discovering my roots though, and yet I never realized part of my roots was Scottish till a Irish friend of mine pointed it out.  Today it has grown to something of great pride, but yet our history was lost in time.  We have however managed to figure out that we did possibly come from a family in the lowlands.  Members of the family have tried to trace the heritage, digging through birth and death records and even stories passed in the family.

It is believed that the Thompsons in our family came from possibly the lowlands but one story says they migrated to England before coming to america and one says they spent time in Ireland.  It's confusing and difficult to trace.  But anyways, hoping you guys don't mind me least being here even if my family can't be.  I find myself attracted to the thought of the Thom(p)son clan rising among the clans.  Coming unburied from history.

Anyways, guess was longer intro than thought lol.  Anyways, my legal name is Amber, I prefere to be called Aiden for personal reasons though.

Just a note, I am not sure the accuracy of this.  But it's as far as can tell and remember from researching and talking with family who have reserached.  I need to do a better job at recording this though lol.

MACTAVISH:
WELCOME AIDEN, A FINE CELTIC NAME

A. Thompson:
Thank you.  And just be aware guys, I do have the Temper :D

Mary:
...DON'T WE ALL!!!!!!!  :o

Yes, welcome Aiden! Sounds like your family history is as murky as many around here! 

Liverpool was a busy port of departure for the English AND the Irish (and the Scots who had moved into Ireland!)........so you could be right on all counts..!
At least, having a family tradition that your ancestors came from the lowlands would definitely make you a Reiver (with a temper to match! :)

And as far as "pure" blood.......well, there are some around, but most of us are pedigree-less. I'm Scots, Welsh and German.........so, I don't even NEED anyone to fight with....I can just fight with myself!   ;D

You might want to investigate the Thompson DNA programs....my husband just did the one from Family Tree and is already getting some information (only about 6 weeks!) to work on.

Mary

A. Thompson:
Yeh seen them, they are expensive though and not sure how willing my father would be in perticipating lol.  Expecially since things have been tense between us lately.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version