Author Topic: should have given some of my info  (Read 10069 times)

steve

should have given some of my info
« on: April 04, 2014, 09:30:15 AM »
my name is steve Thompson I live in Linden, Pa. just a few miles west from Williamsport, Pa. I am retired with a small farm and 3 horses had 5 horses for awhile gave one away and my old friend passed at 40 years it was a great loss. I was a boilermaker for 35 years married to the same girl 45 years this year. we have 2 children son and daughter he is a police officer with a K9 and our daughter is a occupational therapist with 2 kids.

Stirling Thompson

Re: should have given some of my info
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 10:02:22 AM »
Welcome Steve! My line is also an illegitimate one... maybe that's why there are so darn many of us with dead ends and brick walls!
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Sis Thompson's oldest

• Sis Thompson at 16...
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 02:21:38 PM »
Whoo Hoo! Welcome Steve,

Already online and typing away! Well done.

Sherry
The bad news? There is no key to the universe. The good news? It was never locked.

steve

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 04:52:48 AM »
thank you for the welcomes, never been on a forum before so this is all new to me and yes when my son and I found the illegitimate paper we new we were in for a lot of searching, we do have some leads and it all boils down to finding a little more info and putting together some dates ang ages of some Roberts and Williams from around that time of birth of my gg grandfather.

Ron Yatzek

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 09:28:00 AM »
Welcome Steve!  I am in the same boat as you; hit a wall at a GGG Grandfather who was an illegitimate child and cannot find any info past him and his mother.  Don't give up hope though..lol.

steve

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 03:46:54 PM »
my grandparents came to Williamsport, Pa. in 1911 from Bellefonte, Pa. centre county Pa. so there is where I started searching and found paperwork finding my greatgrandfather then I found the GGGandfather and the rest of the stuff about his birth. there are also conflicting obituaries about his birth such as one says he was born in 1841 in Thompsontown, Pa. the other one says he was born in Bellefonte, both areas have large thompson familys and records but none aluding to the father so the search will go on. I heard a Navy Seal say one time "ain't dead can't quit" so I guess that's how it's gonna have to be.................

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 08:13:29 PM »
Hi Steve -

Can you give us some names of your grand/great grandparents ............maybe some dates/locations also to try to do some researching? Include wives' info if you have it! There are a number of people out here who will try to help with your research :)  Too many Williams and Roberts without more info....but dyin' to give it a go.

steve

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 03:47:48 AM »
thanks, I will send the info as soon as I get the info from my son who has it all, hopefully I will get it today but it will be late in the afternoon any help will be greatly appreciated because we've been up against this wall for several years now. I know this might sound a little strange but we even had a MEDIUM helping.

steve

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 05:53:03 AM »
oops I forgot to add to my last post that my son has put a lot of that info on Ancestry .com also........ :-[