Author Topic: Thank you to an unknown benefactor!  (Read 6901 times)

Stirling Thompson

Thank you to an unknown benefactor!
« on: December 08, 2014, 06:04:30 AM »
The other day I received a Christmas card from Stuart Greenlaw (rep for Clan Stewart of Appin) and inside was a check for $50 with a note that it was from the sale of Stewart kilted skirts. Needless to say I was confused. I called Stuart to find out what the story was thinking it must be a mistake and to ask what he wanted me to do with the check. It turns out there is a lady, whose name he didn't know, who had picked up some Stewart kilted skirts at flea markets and had given them to Stuart to resell. She showed him my business card and asked him to send whatever he made from the sales on to me to help support the cost of running the Clan Tent. I'm posting this here in hopes that the unknown benefactor follows this forum and that she may know how much her gift is appreciated and that she might come forward and identify herself so I may thank her personally.
Thanks so much!
Stu
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

cheryllwith2ls

• Administrator
Re: Thank you to an unknown benefactor!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 08:37:39 AM »
Wow! I never saw this! What a story!

How very kind and thoughtful this was. Did you ever find out who it was? Did she have some sort of a connection with Clan Thom(p)son?
She deserves a thank you from all of us! Better late than never!

Cheryll
The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or even heard. They must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller