General Category > ARE MACTAVISH REALLY THOMSONS?

NEW!! Are MacTavish REALLY Thomsons?

<< < (2/2)

William Payne Thompson:
I fell for the MacTavish/Thompson misinformation several years ago at the Arizona Highland Celtic Festival!  I was there with my sister and we came across their clan tent.  We figured it made sense considering our Irish roots and MacTabhais (Irish spelling) means son of Thom/Thomas in Irish. I even signed as a member (since expired).  It wasn't until later that I started seeing things online that it the names were not associated and the conflicting information.  I'm so glad I finally found my TRUE Clan!! ;D

Mary:
.....and so are WE! So many were intentionally misled by the combining of the names MacTavish and Thom(p)son......a practice that continues today with the MacTavish clan in flagrant violation of explicit instructions by Lord Lyon himself about 7 years ago that they were MACTAVISH and not Thom(p)son. Remember the prime requirement - the clan carries the surname of the chief and that is MacTavish. (Oh, and a chief can't have a hyphenated name either, so trying to use both would lose him his chiefship).

Hope you will take time to continue to participate online....maybe one day you would like to try your hand at running a tent at the Vegas games ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version