Author Topic: New Member - James Edward Thompson, Jr. aka Duke  (Read 31989 times)

Stirling Thompson

Re: New Member - James Edward Thompson, Jr. aka Duke
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2008, 02:26:31 PM »
Welcome aboard Duke! Sorry it's taken me so long to say hello but this is a crazy time of year for me. You'll find a whole bunch of great folks and good friends here so don't be afraid to step into the fray!
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Duke Thompson

• Core
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2008, 07:27:40 PM »
Paula, let me know if you guys are heading to New Smyrna- the family and I go often - listening to the waves as I type this, too dark to really see them.  Mary, come to Disney - in 2009 they let you in free on your birthday.  Stirling, thanks for the welcome!!!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 07:31:28 PM by Duke Thompson »
James Edward Thompson, Jr. aka Duke
Sip your beer and chew your scotch!

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2008, 08:06:55 AM »
Paula, let me know if you guys are heading to New Smyrna- the family and I go often - listening to the waves as I type this, too dark to really see them.  Mary, come to Disney - in 2009 they let you in free on your birthday.  Stirling, thanks for the welcome!!!

No AGE limit?????   Might be cheaper to come on my twin grandsons birthday (since I would take them and their brother)....... I would get a "twofer."  8)

Booner

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2008, 09:29:25 PM »
This may be late but still enthusiatic--Welcome Duke!

Booner

Duke Thompson

• Core
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2008, 08:07:32 PM »
Thanks Booner - been trying to catch up on all of the old forums, thanks for all of the input!!!!

Duke Thompson

• Core
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2008, 08:01:08 PM »
Hello All,

A bit of a breakthrough tonight, may sound a little silly to those who have an extensive Thom(p)son family tree already, but there was a pretty sudden and thorough divorce in my family, so I just found out that my paternal grandfather was Hassell Thompson 1922-1948 who died young of encephalitis.  I believe he was born in PA.  He had two children, James Edward (my father) and Nancy Thompson (my Aunt).  I have family trees down from Hassell Thompson including half sisters (my half-aunts?) from the widowed wife's (Thelma Jordon, Thompson, Forrester's) next marriage.  Digging further back now looking for birth records, may have to skip the gym in the morning so I can keep going online for a while.  I really just found this out and confirmed it with signatures in my baby book.   Am pretty excited and felt like posting...  Any information on Hassell Thompson's parent's would be appreciated.  I'll keep updating here if I find anything to add...

Duke

Booner

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2008, 09:17:59 PM »
Good luck with the searching Duke, the gym can wait!

Booner

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2008, 09:32:12 PM »
Absolutely!

Get ready for another addiction..............ancestry.com!

Good luck!

Mary

Donna

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2008, 10:58:59 PM »
Boy, that's the truth!  I've been connected to Ancestry for the past 6 hours and I can just feel my butt growing into this chair.   I'm tired and hungry but I'm finding so many clues today that I cant make myself log off!   There are too many Thompson-McClanahan-Snodgrass-Moore-Strickland bodies to dig up.

Donna
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

Duke Thompson

• Core
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2008, 04:22:58 PM »
Just filling in what I knew already took hours with little trips around the web to chase hints.  A few more added today after a phone call to my Mom and a trip through one family bible.  About to call a great Aunt for input on another side of the family.  Lucked out a couple generations back, a distant in-law had posted a tree earlier so I chased that for two more easy generations and have hints waiting.  Still stuck on Hassell Thompson, unsure of place of death and full legal name and not finding a marriage certificate yet (he was the first of multiple husbands).  I know he was from Pennsylvania and PA doesn't have nice, easy, online records.  Having fun though! 

Barbara

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2008, 11:47:02 PM »
Boy, that's the truth!  I've been connected to Ancestry for the past 6 hours and I can just feel my butt growing into this chair.   I'm tired and hungry but I'm finding so many clues today that I cant make myself log off!   There are too many Thompson-McClanahan-Snodgrass-Moore-Strickland bodies to dig up.

Donna

Donna, my husband is a Moore.  His family moved to West TN by way of VA.  They took a trip to California for a couple of years where his father was born (in Orange Co.) Then moved back here.  There are a lot of Moores!!!

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Donna

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2008, 10:50:40 AM »
Hey Barbara,
My Moore's are from Floyd Co. Virginia, then moved west to Missouri and Kansas. Its said that this Moore line started with John Moore and his son David in Scotland.

Donna
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

John Thomson

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2008, 12:42:54 PM »
Duke:

I would be happy to help out.
We live in Sarasota - please let me know details.
We'll be there.

John and Sarah
John

Duke Thompson

• Core
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2009, 07:13:08 PM »
Hello everyone, I'm back!!!  The Jacksonville FL games in February were slow traffic wise, but worth the trip and I will relate an interesting story on that thread soon.  I have some pictures that will get posted eventually!  Wanted to say a quick hello to break the ice again and hope everyone has been well.  I missed the Dunnedin games, have had an overwhelming few months schedule wise but finally freeing up.  Will catch up on posts, reading and writing!!!

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2009, 10:59:08 AM »
Glad you're back  - no ice to break, we're all still here!

Lots are games are going to be slow this year, I think. I'm surprised at the number being cancelled totally. People are just not able to spend for the fun things by the time they pay for the 'must do' things.  Darn!  But -we'll do what we can and go where we can and have fun!